Avionics Mechanic CAF CAS
- Klamath Falls, Oregon
- Job ID
Avionics Mechanic CAF CAS job at Tactical Air Support in Klamath Falls OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
The mission of this contract is to provide adversary air services to the USAF 4th and 5th generationfighter squadrons, groups, and wings across the U.S. Tactical Air operates the CF-5D and the F-5 E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM), a purpose-built, modernized, advance capability adversary aircraft. Tactical Air's maintenance staff is comprised of certified and experienced mechanics, technicians, specialists, and logisticians. These professionals all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations and are an integral part of a dedicated, elite team who get things done, enjoy working together, and are committed to growing with this fast-moving, high-performance company.
The ideal candidate for the Avionics Mechanic position will report to the Site Manager responsible for the safe and effective operation of company-owned aircraft and will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft electrical/avionic systems, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Current work experience in aircraft electrical/avionics systems occupational field, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- Extensive experience with Radar/Integrated Weapons systems.
- Government-approved certification program for each T/M/S of aircraft.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana), and physical certifications.
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.