Lead Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $130,000.00
- Job ID
Lead Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
LEAD AIRCRAFT ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Lead Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer to join our Aircraft Modification team.
The Aircraft Modification team's mission is to engineer and execute modifications to company and military aircraft. The Lead Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer position will be part of an innovative and ground-breaking team that is blazing new paths for its customers in the adversary aircraft mission.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer position will be responsible for Tactical Air's ongoing viability and performance by ensuring engineering excellence and efficient production and availability of company and military aircraft modifications. The Lead Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineer will execute engineering design, development, test, and analysis of aircraft and aircraft systems to include U.S. Navy F-5N+/F+ series aircraft. This position will communicate and collaborate with aircraft maintenance, pilots, engineering team members, and program management in support of the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new, advanced technology in the F-5N+/F+ aircraft.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see the position profile for complete information on duties and requirements of this position.
- Ten years' experience in updating modifying aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Working with/designing electrical drawings, circuit schematics, and block diagrams.
- Knowledge of sound engineering principles, electronic and electrical systems with ability to reverse engineer electrical components.
- Knowledgeable of aircraft power, including 28vDC, three-phase 115vAC400HZ, and 270vDC; analog interfaces including selsyn, synchro, sin/cos, and variable DC and AC voltages.
- Knowledgeable of computer architecture.
- Knowledge in aircraft data networks.
- Ability to troubleshoot aircraft electrical and electronic systems.
- Ability to support airworthiness approval process, including MIL-HDBK-516 and FAA Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security and Transmission Security methods and procedures.
- Ability to handle classified materials and Controlled Cryptographic Items.
- Experience with Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems, Air-to-Air Radars/Radar Warning Receiver systems, and Garmin Flight Management Systems.
- Current U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.