Aircraft Mechanic CAFCAS
- Klamath Falls, Oregon
- Hourly $32.00 - $36.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic CAFCAS job at Tactical Air Support in Klamath Falls OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Kingsley Field ANGB, Klamath Falls, Oregon
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC I, II, III
U.S. Air Force Combat Air Force Contracted Air Support
Starting Salary Range: $32.00 to $36.00 per Hour (DOE)
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET) 2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company operating in 14 states across the country, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Aircraft Mechanic to join our team.
The mission of this contract is to provide adversary air services to the USAF 4th and 5th generation fighter squadrons, groups, and wings across the U.S. Tactical Air operates the CF-5D and the F-5 E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM), a purpose-built, modernized, advance capability adversary aircraft. Tactical Air's maintenance staff is comprised of certified and experienced mechanics, technicians, specialists, and logisticians. These professionals all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations and are an integral part of a dedicated, elite team who get things done, enjoy working together, and are committed to growing with this fast-moving, high-performance company.
This position is located in Klamath Falls, Oregon, situated just north of the California border. Klamath Falls is a suburban community with a population just over 22,000 people. Klamath Falls has a rich history, and the Kingsley Field is home to the 173rd Fighter Wing of the Oregon Air National Guard. Klamath Falls, known as Oregon's City of Sunshine, offers many recreational opportunities such as cross-country skiing, golfing, fishing, hunting, boating, and bird watching. Klamath Falls is also an affordable place to live compared to other Oregon cities and is rated as a great place to live or retire.
The ideal candidate for the Aircraft Mechanic position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Current work experience in aircraft maintenance occupational field, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- A&P Certification, or ability to obtain certification, preferred.
- Support Equipment Operator License (Tow Tractor, N2 Servicing Trailer, and Mobile Start Unit at a minimum).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Current U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana), and physical certifications.
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.