Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Customer Service Rep
••Customer Service Rep••
Under general supervision this position answers telephone calls from distributors, end customers, and company sales representatives regarding inquiries, placing orders, any changes, cancellations, delivery dates, technical and application support of products, and pricing. Also performs related functions essential to the position. Will manage the day & 8211; to & 8211; day needs of any assigned client base, including responding to customer requests and resolving customer issues in a timely matter. It requires the ability to respond to customer inquiries in a calm, professional and courteous manner while acting in the best interests of the employer. Must be able to interact effectively with other departments within the organization as needed.
1. Answers a high volume of telephone calls from customers, sales representatives, and end users regarding inquiries, placing orders, any changes, cancellations, delivery dates, technical/ application of products and pricing. Expedites orders and performs other related duties.
2. Provides accurate responses, uses computer equipment to determine stock inventory balances, order status, projected delivery dates, etc.
3. Resolves Customer requests in a timely manner
4. Is resourceful and creative when handling unique or complex issues
5. Log cases as necessary for issues that arise and resolution of errors
6. Follows up on calls and inquiries.
7. Expedites urgent requests and performs necessary work on orders in an effort to expedite delivery.
8. Supplies information and prices regarding location of distributors to customers. Takes verbal orders from distributors and/or sales people.
9. Maintains on going knowledge of marketing/sales programs.
10. Interacts with Traffic department regarding tracers on shipments. Submits information on short shipments and shipping errors.
11. Gains knowledge to be able to address product application on own while on phones with distributors and end customers
12. Interacts with Technical Application Department, Engineers and Product Managers to resolve technical issues related to customer inquiries.
13. Completes specialized training programs as directed.
14. May perform other duties related to the department as assigned, including special assignments related to the retail market, OEM sales, or Government orders.
15. Acts as a liaison between the customer and internal departments to resolve issues. Understands when an issue requires a sense of urgency or the need to escalate.
Must have Min 2 years experience in a customer service role. Should have experience with an ERP system such as SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle etc. Ability to respond appropriately to questions about product pricing or availability to customers and Sales reps. College degree preferred.
Able to lift 5 to 10 pounds, occasionally 20 pounds when processing RMA& 8217;s. Sitting 80% of the day. Hours 8 to 5pm.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
••Pay Transparency Policy Statement••
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor& 8217;s legal duty to furnish information.
••Job•• Product Support
••Primary Location•• US California Vista
••Recruiting Company•• Textron Tools & Test: Greenlee
••Schedule•• Full time
••Job Level•• Individual Contributor
••Shift•• First Shift
••Req ID:•• 258379
Customer Service Rep job at Textron
Apply for this Customer Service Rep position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.