Senior Scientist Hot
- Crystal City, Texas
- Job ID
Senior Scientist job at The Aerospace Corporation in Crystal City TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
In an era of dynamic change in space Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited university in engineering science or related field of study.
- Twelve years or more of experience in mission assurance related activities; the application of system engineering risk management quality and management principles to achieve success of a design development testing deployment and operations process and identifying and mitigating design production test and field support deficiencies that threaten mission success.
- Demonstrated ability to bring industry government international stakeholders and non-profits together in a partnership to share technical data in the public interest with non-punitive reporting and balancing the interest of all stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge in building shared safety databases for the public good and improving industry safety practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FAA NAS architecture programs and components such as Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) and Advanced Automation System (AAS).
-Demonstrating working knowledge of FAAs operations practices procedures.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills as well as ability to work in a self-motivated and self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills in tasks such as formulating enterprise level plans executing and leading studies and utilizing internal technology competency organizations.
- Demonstrated capability to perform analysis and technical product delivery as evidenced through examples of recent integrated work products.
- Top Secret clearance.
- Current FAA and DHS Suitability.
- Some travel is required.
- An advanced degree in systems engineering operations research science or related field of study.
- Experience in systems engineering program controls and quality including tasks such as requirements flow-down interface definition resource loaded schedules documentation repositories change control processes system performance analysis programmatic risk management cost schedule and performance trades and technology development investment analyses.
- Experience interacting with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical programmatic and administrative issues.
- Experience in the analysis of complex technical programmatic and management environments at a high programmatic level.
- Experience in working assignments that are inherently ambiguous; e.g. not fully defined lack complete information poorly stated goals or ill-defined objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to see impactful opportunities that demonstrate Aerospaces technical expertise develop the business opportunity and close on delivering value-add to customers.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race age sex (including pregnancy childbirth and related medical conditions) sexual orientation gender gender identity or expression color religion genetic information marital status ancestry national origin protected veteran status physical disability medical condition mental disability or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If youre an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process please contact us by phone at 310.###.#### or by email at ...@aero.org . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Posted 3 Days Ago
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in the national security of space. We are The Aerospace Corporation.
We take pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial youll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nations space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team youll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to obtain a Security Clearance. U.S. citizenship required for those positions.
The Aerospace Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.