Airframe and Powerplant Technician Urgent
- Troutdale, Oregon
- Hourly $25.00 - $30.00
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Technician job at Aircraft Services Inc in Troutdale OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Airframe and Powerplant Technician with Minimum 5+ years experience required
Troutdale Aircraft Services is an Authorized Cessna & Beechcraft Authorized Service center and Parts sales facility located in Troutdale, OR. Airport Identifier (KTTD). We are currently seeking an Airframe & Powerplant technician with a minimum of 5 years General Aviation experience. We specialize in High performance single & Multi engine piston and turbine powered aircraft. Hourly wage will range between $25.00 and $30.00 an hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Position Summary: Troutdale Aircraft Services technicians perform varying amounts airframe, engine, avionics repair, troubleshooting and evaluation. Each technician shall be able to work independently with minimal guidance as well as within a small group of experienced technicians as designated by the director of maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and interprets Computer based maintenance manuals as well as paper manuals, IPC, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, electrical drawings and engineering data.
- Inspect and evaluate aircraft structures, systems, engines and parts following a defined inspection program while utilizing visual inspection techniques as well as other inspection aids such as precision measuring equipment & NDT procedures as required.
- Repairs damaged or worn aircraft structural parts or performs structural alterations utilizing general hand tools and pneumatic tools and structural repair equipment.
- Performs removal, assembly and replacement of aircraft component or system parts as required.
- Performs all applicable flight control maintenance up to and including rigging and evaluation.
- Assist in functional checks and evaluation.
- Properly documents all findings and work performed utilizing a computer-based maintenance tracking program.
- Maintains work areas, personal tools and customer aircraft in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
- Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required; further education or technical training is preferred.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license 5 + years of Aircraft Maintenance experience.
- Read speak and understand the English language
- Understand and comply with Federal Aviation Regulations parts 39, 43, 65, 91 & 135
- General experience in structural sheet metal, composite repairs, minor and major modifications and alterations.
- Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment, NDT techniques and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks.
- Ability to work in a shop environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
Troutdale Aircraft offers competitive compensation package, 401K, paid healthcare, holidays and sick time benefits to full-time employees.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Troutdale Aircraft Services Inc Company Overview
Troutdale Aircraft Services is a full-service, high-quality aircraft maintenance and repair facility at the Portland Troutdale Airport. We are Cessna and Beechcraft Authorized Service Center with Cessna and Beechcraft Factory Trained Technicians and Beechcraft and Cessna Authorized Parts. We can perform a full array of aviation maintenance and repair needs to include certified composite repair, airframe repairs, aircraft engine maintenance on both piston and turbine engines including Continental Motors Authorized Warranty Repairs. We perform routine inspection, annual inspections, pre-purchase inspections, hot section inspections and video borescope inspections. We also offer propriatary Cessna TR182 landing gear pivot repair and other custom machining and welding repairs and services. We are authorized avionics for L3, Avidyne and Aspen, and limited Garmin.We offer full aircraft parts, supplies and hardware. In addition to all of this, TAS Properties has hangar space, office space and commercial space for lease. Perfect for corporate flight department or any other business that would benefit from co-located facilities with airport.