Satcs Air Traffic Manager Featured
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Satcs Air Traffic Manager job at US Department of Transportation in Philadelphia PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Air Traffic Manager directs a facility thats staffed by a highly technical workforce that provides air traffic control services throughout a limited geographic area. The work impacts the safe orderly and expeditious movement of air aircraft.
Learn more about this agency
Serves as an Air Traffic Manager (ATM) in a Level 5 terminal facility and is responsible for planning and directing all activities at the facility. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates; sets and adjusts long and short-term priorities; approves leave; prepares schedules for completion of work; assigns work based on priorities; evaluates work performance ensuring equity of performance standards and ratings; makes decisions on work problems presented by subordinates; gives advice on work and on administrative matters. Hears and resolves group grievances and serious employee complaints and effects disciplinary actions.
Not required - The job does not require any travel.
- Job family (Series)
2152 Air Traffic Control
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)
- Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement
- APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE THROUGH AVIATOR
- A one-year supervisor/managerial probationary period may be required.
Candidates must show specialized experience. Specialized experience is defined as:
1) Must have held an FAA 2152 FV-J/FG-14 or above regional or headquarters positions for at least 1 year (52 weeks);
2) Must have been facility rated or area certified for at least 1 year (52 weeks) at an ATS facility;
(Note: an employee who has been facility rated or area certified for at least 1 year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility that is upgraded is considered to meet the qualification requirements of the upgraded position since he or she has been performing the higher-graded work;
3) Must have held a MSS position for at least 1 year (52 weeks) in an ATS facility. NOTE: There are no restrictions on who can apply to MSS vacancies at those facilities with 3 or less MSS levels. In addition to the qualifications listed above for MSS positions the chart on MSS positions will be used to determine which career level applicants are qualified to make application.
Preview Job Questionnaire
Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
US Department of Transportation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.