Captain Dc9 Featured
- Belleville, Michigan
- Job ID
Captain Dc9 job at USA Jet Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Captain or the Pilot-in-Command (PIC) reports to the Chief Pilot and is responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of the flight.
The Captain is in command of the aircraft and is responsible for:
- The safe and efficient conduct of the flight to which he/she is assigned. At no time will the aircraft be operated in a careless or reckless manner. If the Pilot-in-Command knows of conditions including airport and runway conditions that are a hazard to safe operations then he/she shall restrict or suspend operations until those conditions are corrected.
- During each assigned flight the Pilot-in-Command is in command of the aircraft and crew and is responsible for the safety of the passengers crewmembers cargo and aircraft.
- Compliance with all regulations and policies promulgated by both the FAA and the Company for the conduct of the flight. To include all preflight planning applicable FARs and operations specifications.
- Prior to flight the Pilot-in-Command will be thoroughly familiar with reported and forecast weather conditions airport conditions and only irregularities of navigation facilities that may affect the safety of flight on the route to be flown. During the flight the Pilot-in-Command shall obtain any additional available information on meteorological conditions and irregularities of facilities and services that may affect the safety of the flight.
- Determines that his/her crew is legally certified adequately rested and in proper uniform.
- Ensures that the required preflight inspection for and operations soundness has been completed and that all communications and navigation equipment is functional.
- The completion of all forms required by the company regulations and policies prior to during and at the termination of the flight assignment.
- May delegate functions but retains responsibility.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience Required
- Must meet aeronautical experience requirements by FAR.
- Must hold an Air Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate with appropriate category and class ratings.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be able to remain calm during adverse conditions
- Must be able to think and react quickly with a sense of urgency to time-sensitive problem situations
- Detailed organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to read write and speak English fluently
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is frequently required to:
- work with their hands and feel objects or controls
- talk and hear others in conversations
- lift and/or move items 10-50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is occasionally required to:
- reach with hands and arms
- lift and/or move items up 50-100 pounds.
- Vision abilities required:
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Color vision
- Peripheral vison
- Depth perception
- Ability to adjust focus
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level is usually moderate. Noise level can increase to loud when aircraft is taxiing in the area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
USA Jet Airlines Company Overview
USA JET Airlines - With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industrys most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industrys most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.