Ap Mechanic Featured
- Laredo, Texas
- Job ID
Ap Mechanic job at USA Jet Airlines in Laredo TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
A&P Mechanics report directly to Lead Mechanics or Maintenance Manager while at the USA Jet Main Maintenance Base. At an outstation A&P Mechanics report to Maintenance Control.
- Advises on problems maintaining servicing and inspecting aircraft.
- Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
- Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft.
- Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures systems components.
- Tests repaired components using test equipment.
- Adjusts aligns rigs and calibrates aircraft systems.
- Performs engine run-up.
- Accomplishes weight and balance functions. Jacks tows and services aircraft.
- Inspects aircraft structures systems components.
- Performs aircraft and component inspections.
- Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective actions.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances tolerances proper installation and operation.
- Inspects and operates powered and nonpowered ground equipment.
- Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and correction.
- Reviews maintenance forms aircraft records and reports to ensure complete documentation.
- Responsible to actively participate in USA Jet Safety Programs and SMS
- Required to report all safety concerns in a timely manner
- Required to ensure that they and their co-workers are performing their functions in the safest possible manner
- Required to follow the standards of the Occupational Safety and Health organization with legal authority at the location at which they are working
- Perform all tasks as assigned by their Lead or Manager
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger handle or feel objects tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop kneel crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
Knowledge of principles applying to aircraft systems; concepts and application of maintenance directives and data reporting; using technical data; stockroom procedures; and proper handling use and disposal of hazardous waste and materials.
Completion of high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Must hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant License.
Preferably a minimum of 3 years heavy aircraft maintenance and inspection experience on DC-9 – MD83 / 88 – B727-200 – DA-20. Candidates who possess experience on differing aircraft will be considered.
USA Jet Airlines Company Overview
USA JET Airlines - With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industrys most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industrys most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.