Unmanned Aircraft Systems Pilot Featured
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Job ID
Unmanned Aircraft Systems Pilot job at Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation in Aberdeen Proving Ground MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Pilot (ARAT-21-0001-F):
Bowhead seeks an Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Pilot for its ARAT contract in Aberdeen MD. The UAS Pilot will operate Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for flight test experiments including entry and exit of autonomous flight modes. Plan and implement UAS missions using Q Ground Control software running on a laptop computer ground station.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations. Follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments; technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may also be reviewed in progress. Performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Following specific instructions assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts; may service or repair simple instruments or equipment.
- Responsible for the fabrication modification programming and maintenance of multi-rotor and fixed wing UAS platforms for test and experimentation.
- Launches and recovers the UAS performs pre-flight inflight and post flight checks.
- Able or willing to learn to fly both multi-rotor single rotor and fixed wing combined.
- Conduct various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures. Demonstrate informed judgement and clear communication with end-users while troubleshooting problematic components. Perform measurements to characterize performance of both commercially procured and custom in-house designed/fabricated electronics including equipment selection setup operation and data collection using standard test equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge of advances in electronic components COTS UAS and electronics integration tools/techniques.
- Able to obtain a Certified FAA UAS pilot license (FAR part 107).
- Other duties assigned.
Requirements Demonstrate initiative willingness and ability to learn new skills as required to complete unique tasks related to operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Some days inside office some spent outside. Must be comfortable in varying weather conditions.
- Demonstrated experience with commercial laboratory test equipment such as but not limited to oscilloscopes signal/waveform generators spectrum analyzers power supplies multi-meters and soldering equipment. Years of experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. Possessing an active Secret clearance preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and/or random drug screen and must follow UICs Non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicants resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition the applicant must pass an in-house online driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race age color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability veteran status and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq. and federal contractual requirements UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance ().
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering maintenance services information technology program support logistics/base support and procurement. Collectively the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield VA we are a fast-growing multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race age color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability veteran status and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend
Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.