Respiratory Care Practitioner Hot
- Ft Dodge, Iowa
- Job ID
Respiratory Care Practitioner job at UnityPoint Health in Ft Dodge IA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Shift: 7pm-7am with every other weekend and holiday
- Reviews physician orders and patient information to assess patient condition and review guidelines for treatment such as type and duration of therapy medication and doses.
- Determines precautions to be observed and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician s orders.
- Follows Respiratory Care policies to guide patient care.
- Administers therapy modalities to pediatric adolescent adult patients which include but are not limited to: handheld nebulizer (HHN) metered dose inhaler (MDI) intermittent positive pressure breathing (I.P.P.B.) and chest physiotherapy (CPT).
- Administers oxygen therapies to pediatric adolescent young/middle/mature adult patients which include but are not limited to: aerosol non aerosol and helium oxygen mixtures (heliox).
- Performs ventilator therapies on adults pediatrics and infants. This includes airway management clinical assessments and all modes of ventilation including but not limited to controlled mechanical ventilation (CMV) assist control ventilation (A/C) synchronous intermittent mandatory ventilation (SIMV) flow by pressure support ventilation (PSV) positive end expiratory pressure (PEEP) continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP) and pressure control ventilation (PCV).
- Performs physiologic monitoring which includes but is not limited to arterial blood sampling bedside spirometry ECG Holter monitor application and pulse oximetry (SpO2).
- Operates blood gas analyzer to determine the acid base balance and the efficiency of ventilation.
- Completes all necessary documentation.
- Performs specialized procedures which include but are not limited to airway management during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) tracheal suctioning and tracheostomy care. Assignment to the Pulmonary Function Lab involves performing diagnostic procedures to identify and quantify dysfunction by spirometry gas diffusion and body plethysmography.
- Explains purpose and procedure of therapy tests and equipment to the patient.
- Monitors patient s physiological responses to therapy such as vital signs and arterial blood gases.
- Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy. Consults with physician in the event of adverse reactions.
- Maintains patient s chart containing patient and therapy information with strict confidentiality.
- Processes respiratory care equipment by cleaning and packaging as required.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently. Performs preventive maintenance and repairs when needed.
- Communicates with other members of the department and healthcare team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
- Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of department and maintaining awareness of resource utilization.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to orienting staff and other health personnel.
- Maintains department in a clean neat and orderly fashion.
- Participates in non direct patient care activities including educational activities performance improvement activities standard development and review department/hospital committees and other related activities.
- Performs related computer and clerical duties.
- Demonstrates positive customer relations skills.
- Adheres to hospital and unit policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and desire of cost containment maintaining supply inventory at appropriate levels.
- Adheres to established work schedule.
- Participates in unit orientation as requested.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of Respiratory Care.
- Must be credentialed at minimum level of Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) through the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) or eligible for credentialing and willing to attempt the necessary examination to obtain credentialed status
- Must be licensed by the State of Iowa for Respiratory Care as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) or become licensed at the earliest time required by the State.
- Must be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) or become certified within three (3) months after hire date.
- Previous respiratory care experience preferred.
- Completion of Respiratory Care Department and hospital orientation and competencies.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read analyze and interpret information found in the patient s medical record.
- Ability to write reports and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the patient their family physicians and other health care professionals with understanding and tact.
- Completion of Respiratory Care department and hospital orientation and competencies.
- Ability to exercise good judgment adapt to change evaluate critically think creatively and implement change in a positive manner.
- Possesses integrity initiative and flexibility.
- Must be able to provide patient care appropriate to the infant pediatric young/middle/mature patient.
- Ability to delegate wisely exercise good judgment maintain good interpersonal relationships adapt to change evaluate critically think creatively and implement.
- Member of the support stroke team requiring 2 hours of annual stroke e
UnityPoint Health Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.