Jet Simulator Instructor Featured
- Dubuque, Iowa
- Job ID
Jet Simulator Instructor job at University of in Dubuque IA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Jet Simulator Instructor in the Aviation department.
- All jet simulator flight training activities for the Flight Operations program to include scheduling, classroom instruction and conducting simulation sessions related to advanced jet operations
- Mentor and supervise Flight Instructors if qualified as an Assistant Chief Instructor per the FARs
- Ensure compliance with Title 14 CFR applicable to flight training, other regulatory policies and the SMS
- Manage all flight training activities and Training Course Outlines (TCO)
- Ensure compliance with record keeping related to flight training
- Coordinate with the Aviation Safety Manager on all safety and security related concerns
- Any other duties as assigned in the advancement of the UD and aviation department mission
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation or related field
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and Turbo-prop or Jet-Turbine type
- CRJ series type certification preferred, Airline experience preferred
- Current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate (CFII) in Fixed-Wing or Rotor-Wing aircraft
- Meet FAA recent flight experience requirements pursuant to FAR for flight instructors
- FAA-A&P, NBAA-CAM, AAAE-ACE, AAAE-CM, or similar certified individuals preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional skills using Microsoft Office
- Valid US driver’s license
Both part-time and full-time applications will be considered with a start date of August 2019. Full-time Instructors are salaried employees and receive a base pay with hourly incentive and are eligible for benefits including tuition remission, paid holidays, sick time, 4 weeks of vacation, as well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. The Aviation Department manages three Aviation Programs that provide students with the academic and professional tools needed to succeed in all segments of the Aviation Industry.
To apply with a growing University for the Jet Simulator Instructor position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
University of Dubuque Company Overview
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary. Mission and Vision The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world. As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world. Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to: A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions; Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development; Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation; A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced; Stewardship of all Godâ€™s human and natural resources; Zeal for life-long learning and service.