Maintenance Electrician Millwright Urgent
- Aurora, Oregon
- Job ID
Maintenance Electrician Millwright job at Vans Aircraft in Aurora OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
The person working in this role will be responsible for the maintenance, operation, and repair of all building facilities, machinery, and equipment. This includes industrial machinery used in company production operations. This position reports to the Director of Maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on heavy industrial equipment such as cleaning, lubricating, inspecting, replacing worn parts, or adjusting as needed.
- Perform mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems installations, repairs, adjustments, or improvements to production equipment and building facilities as needed
- General metal fabrication skills: able to use mills, lathes, drill presses, saws, calipers, micrometers, die grinders, acetylene cutting torch, Arc/MIG/TIG welding, etc.
- Must be able to work individually and in teams with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate safe work practices in all you do
- Utilize TPM/PM or preventative maintenance and troubleshooting programs for machinery and equipment
- Maintenance reporting, documentation, inventory of parts, and closing records
- Evaluate and test equipment efficiency and effectiveness; recommend changes for improvement
- Communicate with all departments to ensure proper operation and maintenance
- Maintain clean and organized work area
PREFERRED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to read electrical schematics for general electrical and network troubleshooting for industrial automation and control
- Able to use digital multimeter, amprobe, infra-red guns, and other test equipment as required.
- Repair/reroute electrical branch circuits for existing equipment for repairs or improvements/upgrades with the ability to size and install the breakers, wire, conduit, j-boxes, and switch gear/disconnects as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned by management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- 2 years of secondary education in industrial automation and control or equivalent in electrical/mechanical trade CEU’s or Military schools or 3 years experience in a production/manufacturing plant
- At least 3 years of experience as a licensed LME/Manufacturing Electrician and/or a Journeyman Millwright in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Documentation showing you are a qualified person as defined by OSHA/Oregon OSHA and NFPA 70E to work on energized electrical equipment with the appropriate PPE or able to obtain
- Ability to make decisions independently and multitask
- Demonstrated attention to detail, and critical/creative thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and able to plan work activities effectively
- Excellent communication, customer service, and conflict resolution skills
- Computer and word processing skills
- Current Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrician license or able to obtain
No phone calls, please. Please submit your cover letter and resume, and reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Vans Aircraft Company Overview
Van's Aircraft is the world-leading manufacturer of kit aircraft. Built on a proud heritage, the company is the market leader in the experimental-kit aircraft market, producing more kits than any other company in the world since 1973. As we enter 2021, Van's is experiencing record sales and growth and so we're expanding and enhancing our team. By the end of 2020, nearly 11,000 RV kits had been completed and flown, and thousands more are currently under construction. Completion rates currently average about 1.5 per day. RVs are flying in more than 45 different countries and kits have shipped to more than sixty. From their humble beginnings on a small farm in Oregon in the early '70s, these wonderful airplanes have achieved a global following. And their popularity is not the result of any superior marketing campaign. Rather, they are popular because they fly so well and bring so much pleasure to their builders, who can’t help but tell their friends (and take them for a ride, of course). After nearly 50 years Van’s Aircraft is solvent, strong, and alive with new ideas. The future presents plenty of opportunities and challenges, and we intend to meet them the way Dick VanGrunsven did when he first built the company: with honesty, practicality, diligence, and imagination. Join us in that mission!