Avionics Technician Featured
- Milton, Florida
- Job ID
Avionics Technician job at Vertex Aerospace in Milton FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: Avionics Technician - TH-73 Program - NAS Whiting Field FL
We are seeking Avionics Technician I s for our AHTS contract at NAS Whiting Field Milton FL. The successful candidate will be responsible for technical and administrative duties to ensure contract compliance and reporting as defined in Naval Aviation Maintenance Program Standard Operating Procedures Federal Aviation Regulations Original Equipment Manufacturer manuals applicable ISO and Navy Instructions.
Vertex Aerospace is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility rapid deployment capability and customized quality. Our international presence and a vast range of services distinguished us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support including Systems Integration Fabrication Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply Engineering Maintenance Modification Repair and Overhaul Training Support and all levels of Maintenance. For over forty years we have delivered high-quality aftermarket aerospace services that are affordable and customer-focused.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of NALCOMIS/OOMA aircraft maintenance software database management reports and processes.
- Performs repair adjustment removal and replacement of aircraft electrical and avionics systems components and accessories using publications charts maintenance instructions and OEM manuals.
- Must be able to become certified in altimeters transponder and pitot/static certification requirements.
- When qualified performs service repair test and maintenance of batteries and associated servicing equipment. Maintain files and records incidental to battery service and warranty documentation.
- May be required to remove and reinstall cowlings doors and panels to perform the duties of the job classification.
- Perform corrosion control cleaning treatment and removal as required utilizing precautions in the SDS for materials utilized to complete these tasks.
- Assist with ordering tools parts and materials.
- Ensure proper operation and use of test equipment and Ground Support Equipment.
- Must possess personal tools required to perform the work in the classification.
- Must have knowledge of aircraft materials used and safety precautions as applicable to usage.
- Read interpret and apply instructions from blueprints schematics and other approved data.
- Perform aircraft maintenance away from the main operating base and assist with aircraft truck-backs/reclamation when authorized.
- Pursuant to the specific provisions of the CBA and government contract at the discretion of management may be requested to perform the collateral duties of Lead and/or CDI.
- Will be qualified to operate tow vehicles and tow aircraft as required.
- Monitor and assist the line move crew when operating inside the hangar.
- Responsible to Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Control Supervisor in performing those duties assigned.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
- Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract facilities and job assignment.
- Document work accomplished on government and company electronic and/or manual Information Systems
- Assist in ensuring the safety security inventory and preservation of Government-owned and Company-owned equipment.
- Ensure compliance with established Maintenance/Work Instructions and Company policies/procedures.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series OPNAV 3750 series applicable ISO Federal Aviation Regulations and Navy Instructions.
- Must be able to utilize card files and common office equipment.
- Responsible for adherence to and enforcement of the Tool Control Program.
- Responsible for adherence to and enforcement of the FOD Prevention Program.
- Adhere to and enforce all Company and Government regulations to ensure personnel safety and the security and preservation of Government and Company-owned equipment.
- Ensure compliance with required Quality Control policies and inspections.
- Perform all other position related duties as well as other projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards
Position Scope and Charter
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of documented hands-on general experience in aircraft avionics component maintenance and/or aircraft electrical systems maintenance.
- Graduate of C-555-0047 OOMA course or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Must meet any other qualification standards imposed by the government contract not covered by this agreement.
- Must have a valid state driver license and obtain GSE licensing aircraft towing certification hazardous materials certification
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate using a two-way radio and/or intercom system.
- Must have the ability to develop professional relationships with management peers vendors subcontractors and customers
- Must be able to work weekends other shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Limited travel may be required.
Vertex Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.