Falcon Aircraft Maintenance Technician Hot
- East Alton, Illinois
- Job ID
Falcon Aircraft Maintenance Technician job at WEST STAR AVIATION in East Alton IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Now hiring Falcon experienced Aircraft Technicians to work in our growing service center leading a team of AMTs in completion of scheduled maintenance and inspections to complex modifications and repairs.
Openings are available on the following work schedules:
1st shift = 7am - 3:30pm Mon - Fri overtime as needed
2nd shift = 3pm - 11pm Mon - Fri overtime as needed
$2 per hour shift pay and paid meal period!
Weekend shift = 7am - 7pm 3 12-hour shifts Fri - Sun overtime as needed
Work 36 hours and get paid for 40!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform general mechanic functions on aircraft and related systems. This shall include but not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components repair work and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform advance level troubleshooting and repairs.
- Examine disassemble and inspect engines parts or other components for wear warping breaks leaks or other non-conformities or deficiencies.
- Assemble and install electrical plumbing mechanical hydraulic and structural components and accessories using hand tools and power tools.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks including but not limited to flushing crankcase cleaning screens greasing moving parts and checking brakes.
- Repair replace and rebuild aircraft structures functional components and parts such as wings and fuselage rigging and hydraulic units.
- Test engine and system operations using testing equipment and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Remove engine from aircraft or install engine using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassemble and or modify aircraft structures systems or components following drawings engineering orders and technical publications.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjust align and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools gauges and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair of shop facility equipment and tooling when required.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- 3+ years experience maintaining inspecting servicing and repairing Falcon aircraft.
- FAA A&P License and high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer candidates who possess an Associate Degrees in Aviation Maintenance or related area of study.
- A valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal but not required
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Work schedule assignments will be made based on business need along with demonstrated level of knowledge skills and experience.
- Must be able to read write interpret and speak the English language.
- Complete work in accordance with WSA standard operating procedures quality requirements aircraft manuals and FAA regulations.
- Adhere to general work and safety rules.
- Be self-motivated able to work well in a team-oriented environment and take pride in work performed.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs or more.
- Routine standing walking bending squatting sitting or stooping.
- Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
- Work in performed in an aircraft hangar environment subject to extreme temperature variations from very cold to very hot.
WEST STAR AVIATION Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.