Commerce Specialist 3 Aerospace Business Development 07727 Featured
- Seattle, Washington
- Job ID
Commerce Specialist 3 Aerospace Business Development 07727 job at Washington State in Seattle WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
This position is officially located in our Seattle office but we are currently working from home due to the Stay Home Stay Healthy order. We are still moving forward with hiring and look forward to reviewing your application!
Salary listed does not include the 5% premium pay granted to all King County employees.
The Office of Economic Development and Competitiveness is seeking a Commerce Specialist 3 within the Business Development Unit. This position will create and deploy the agencys aerospace business development strategy to increase business recruitment and investment to the State of Washingtons aerospace cluster and work to expand and retain existing aerospace businesses throughout the state. This position works in close conjunction with the Governors Aerospace Sector Lead and the OEDCs International Trade Aerospace Program Manager in executing against the aerospace strategy.
Does this sound like your perfect opportunity? If so we invite you to apply today!
- Increase the pipeline of qualified aerospace business leads through the development and execution of a proactive business development strategy.
- Identify target companies across the world cultivating relationships with public and private sector leaders.
- Provide direct technical assistance to companies.
- Increase capital investment to the state through an aggressive strategy of business outreach participation in key events and industry trade shows and collaboration with statewide economic development partners.
- Make direct and strategic contact with domestic and foreign aerospace companies.
- Provide assistance to companies in need of expansion/location services to include supporting all aspects of business investment site location and operating issues such as business climate regulations workforce development infrastructure taxes and incentives financing real estate and other management/production issues.
- Assist local partners in preparing information arranging and conducting site tours facilitating communications/assistance/resources between companies and state local and private parties. Serve as a liaison with state local and economic development partners.
- Provide marketing and outreach support at trade shows via related communications and marketing collateral and through other business recruitment events and activities including presentations.
- Serve in a leading role in driving the overall aerospace recruitment strategy for the Business Development unit.
- Meet with Washington companies to understand business models and operating needs.
- Develop business development strategies build local capacity and coordinate with statewide associate development organizations with the goal of facilitating aerospace business retention and expansion in the state.
- Coordinate and Participate in events industry trade shows and trade missions in the U.S. and abroad.
- Track projects and company/industry contacts and leads using Salesforce.
- Capture performance measures and metrics to ensure job creation/investment metrics are met on a monthly basis.
- Ensure reports of activities related to proactive business outreach and development are tracked in Salesforce and related trip reports that outline business meetings leads developed and related activities.
- Coordinate research information and communications and project activities across a variety of complex business prospects in different stages of developmentQualifications
- Bachelors degree in business finance marketing public administration or related field (professional level experience may substitute year for year for the degree).
- Minimum three years professional level experience in community trade or economic development with a focus in any combination of the following:
- Business recruitment and economic development capacity
- Sales and business development experience with companies in aerospace defense or space.
- A strong understanding of business processes particularly in aerospace
- Demonstrated skills in business development and/or sales
- Comprehensive understanding of underlying fundamentals and drivers of the business development/recruitment process including strategic planning and financial analysis
- Fluency in global economic and business trends
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with business members and public stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of software (e.g. Word Excel PowerPoint)
Experience working in foreign countries and across cultures
Conversational fluency in at least one foreign language
Experience working with Salesforce or comparable CRM system
Possession of a valid U.S. drivers licenseSupplemental Information
At Commerce were a little different. But for you it might just be the perfect fit. Were a state agency but operate like a business with the understanding we need to know our customers needs to fulfill them. Our Olympia offices are open Monday through Friday (flexible schedules are available).
Washington State offers commuting programs including free subsidized and reduced public transportation incentives. There are approximately 370 employees in our agency. We are committed to our work and value balance in our personal lives. We hire people for a position and encourage them to train for growth opportunities.
If this sounds like a good fit for you and you meet the qualifications we encourage you to apply today!
What we do:
We are the lead state agency charged with strengthening communities. We administer a diverse portfolio of programs and services and we support several state boards and commissions.
Our key customers include businesses local governments and community-based organizations. We also play the crucial role of convening numerous local state regional and federal partners and stakeholders public and private. Together we work to support the Governors priorities and achieve shared goals and objectives for the citizens of Washington.
Where we work:
Commerces main office is located in Olympia; however we also have locations in downtown Seattle and Spokane.
As the states capitol Olympia is located off Interstate 5 at the south end of the Puget Sound roughly half-way between Seattle and Portland and less than a two hour drive to the coast temperate rainforest mountains urban city or farmlands. With year-round art festivals parades theater shows concerts and community events Olympia and its surrounding cities have something for everyone. For parents it boasts some of the best schools in the nation and the renowned HandsOn Childrens Museum. Home to two universities (The Evergreen State College and Saint Martins University) Olympia residents also have the opportunity to pursue a degree while working!
Spokane is located in the heart of the Inland Northwest and is the second most populous city in Washington. The Spokane River runs through the city and beautiful Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane. An array of enjoyable outdoor activities are right out our back door; including ski resorts white-water rafting camping areas hiking trails lakes and the Centennial trail. Amazed by the arts? Show some love to your artistic side with a trip to the Spokane Region. Broadway performances intriguing art galleries world-class museums and powerful stage performances are waiting to be discovered.
Being surrounded by greenery year round has earned the Seattle the nickname of the Emerald City. Seattle is an exciting urban city surrounded by unmatched natural beauty with a wide variety of outdoor attractions within the city such as Discovery Park and Olympic Sculpture Park. Feel like getting away from the city? Seattle is centrally located surrounded by the Puget Sound and miles of hiking trails within driving distance. Seattle is home to a variety of attractions to include the Seattle Art Museum Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Art and Culture more your style? Seattle is home to more than 100 theater companies the Seattle Symphony as well as museums and galleries. Sports enthusiast? Seattle is home to professional football soccer and baseball teams as well as a variety of collegiate sports to choose from.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
The Washington State Department of Commerce complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
The Washington State Department of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural racial ethnic sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women racial and ethnic minorities persons of disability persons over 40 years of age veterans or people with military status and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application testing or interview process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call Human Resources at (360) ###-####. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-###-####.
Salary: $4588.00 - $6368.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - Downtown Business WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Commerce
Job Number: 2020-07727
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location Washington 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact
Washington State Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.