Aircraft Mechanic Urgent
- Palo Alto, California
- Hourly $30.00 - $40.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic job at West Valley Flying Club in Palo Alto CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Senior Aircraft Mechanic is a full time position with benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental,
vision and life (employee premium paid by employer), 401k with employer matching, PTO-paid time off,
paid holidays, yearly bonus, Section 125 FSA/Premium only plan, and complimentary Club membership.
This position does need to have the flexibility to be available some or all weekends.
Position Overview: The Aircraft Mechanic will maintain and repair the avionic and mechanical equipment
needed to make planes operate safely.
Essential Job Functions:
(Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Repairing, inspecting and maintaining the structural, mechanical and electronic elements of the aircraft,
replacing parts, measuring wear and assessing whether parts need repair or replacement
• Use a wide variety of diagnostic devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools to assess and fix
aircraft, and maintain aircraft standards as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
• Maintain aircraft logs and assist with maintenance scheduling
• Order aircraft parts
• Customer service and communication with aircraft owners and Club members
• Assist with the fuel truck and will be trained on Ramp Associate duties
• 18+ years of age
• Hold a valid California drivers’ license, acceptable driving record
• Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
• Inspection Authorization license preferred
• 5+ years General Aviation experience required
Language Skills: must be able to speak, write and read English
• Able to climb on and under airplanes and use balance without a fear of heights.
• Able to lift, carry, push, grasp, pull and maintain overhead objects and hoses weighing minimum 25 pounds.
• Able to stand for sustained periods of time.
• Able to climb ladders and stools minimum 20 times per day, up to 12 feet high or higher.
• Able to climb into and exit aviation fuel truck and aircraft.
• Must take any and all precautions regarding the materials used in refueling, maintaining and cleaning
aviation and other vehicles and use the appropriate protective wear.
• Attention to Detail: Airplanes need to be maintained to very specific standards. Being precise and
making sure things are repaired exactly right is key.
• Dexterity: Aircraft mechanics need to use their hands to manipulate and work with a number of
• Technical Skills: Aircraft mechanics need to be able to read gauges, understand instrumentation and
diagnostic tools when assessing and repairing aircraft.
• Troubleshooting: Mechanics need to be able to understand the root causes of aircraft problems and how
to correct those problems.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
West Valley Flying Club Company Overview
Providing 40 years of quality flight instruction and aircraft rental in the San Francisco Bay Area at Palo Alto and San Carlos airports. For your flight training and flying adventures, we have 40+ instructors and provide a diverse fleet of 40+ single and multi-engine aircraft: Beechcraft, Cessna, Cirrus, Diamond, Piper, and Tailwheel. West Valley is a large Not-For-Profit flying club. We have been providing aircraft rental and flight training in the Bay Area for over 43 years. WVFC has a small, dedicated team who offer a fun and energetic work environment with lots of room for a professional to grow.