Helicopter Pilot Agriculture Featured
- King City, California
- Job ID
Helicopter Pilot Agriculture job at Wilbur Ellis Company in King City CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Do you have experience flying a Bell 47 helicopter? Do you have experience in the application of plant protection seed and nutrition products in Ag crops? Do you have experience with Turbine and Herbicide? If you said yes to all of these questions we d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation tremendous growth and development opportunities and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The pilot/aerial application role is responsible for the safe operation a rotary wing aircraft in the application of plant protection nutrition products on agricultural crops. Pilots should have an understanding of plant protection chemistries and fertilizer. Pilots need to have open and positive communication with their supervisor agronomists coworkers and the grower or customer. Process work orders against scheduled dates and time properly complete the necessary paperwork (application records shipping papers driver daily report and all info on work orders).
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Comply with FAA Regulations
- Current U.S. commercial pilot certificate
- Current agricultural aircraft operator certificate or able to obtain state-specific
- Observe airport traffic patterns air traffic area and control zones.
- Accurately locate the application site.
- Lift containers weighing up to 80 lbs.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal written and utilizing all media (phone e-mail text) for interaction with customers and fellow employees including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers management and support resources with a constant commitment to teamwork.
- Dependable with strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail along with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Must be able to read analyze and interpret written procedures and reports. Ability to learn detailed and specific procedures and processes and execute them accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions percentages and ratios to practical applications.
- Ability to read write and speak the English language fluently.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Proper application of plant protection products.
- Properly handle and store all chemical containers.
- Comply with label requirements and restrictions for the aerial application of pesticides.
- Process work orders against scheduled dates and time.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
- Follow all Wilbur-Ellis Company safety rules.
- Check each field for in-flight hazards (towers power lines wires irrigation pipes and vent pipes) before each application begins.
- Ensure any equipment deficiencies have been addressed and reported to the manager.
- Participate in blood testing and/or alcohol testing when scheduled.
- Assist with maintenance and other duties as needed at the facility.
- Maintain and care for aircraft according to generally- accepted maintenance practices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical dental vision 401k Employee Assistance Program vacation sick time life insurance + more); Pension Plan 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company we employ more than 4000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Wilbur Ellis Company Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.