Engineering Internships Featured
- Loveland, Colorado
- Job ID
Engineering Internships job at Woodward MPC in Loveland CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
The purpose of an internship at Woodward is to provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure and "real life" business acumen within the Aerospace and Energy Industry. Our internships also provide students with the opportunity to learn and gain practical experience and to work in areas related to their academic and/or career interests. Gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects network with professionals and learn from some of the brightest minds in business.
The experience also gives the intern opportunity for potential full-time employment with the company.
This internship posting provides opportunity for consideration across several of Woodwards Industrial and Aerospace engineering disciplines:
Mechanical Engineering Analyst Engineering Application Engineering Test Engineering Materials Science Engineering Electrical Engineering Electronics Computer Engineering etc
Applicants for this internship posting will be considered across multiple Engineering Internship positions. Internships may be located in Fort Collins Windsor or Loveland Colorado. Candidates will have the opportunity to express areas of particular interest via cover letter resumes or interview process. See below for a list of potential projects or opportunities to which you could be engaged as a Woodward Intern in Engine Systems Air Valves (Aerospace) or Turbomachinery Systems!
- Complete tasks on computer using MS Office programs such as Word Excel and Power Point.
- Interact effectively with team members on a daily basis. Share opinions and ask questions relevant to the work and/or his or her study program.
- Work independently on assigned tasks with some supervisory oversight.
- Recognize problems which are beyond interns capabilities and learn from the experts in the area.
- Work assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
- Maintain good attendance and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Present year-end presentation of Woodward internship experience.
- Essential functions may include any of the following:
- Additive manufacturing; Evolving internal expertise across complex materials and finishing technologies
- Data mining / data analysis to support cost reduction
- Market intelligence data analysis (price cost market size technologies reliability data)
- Correlation testing and data analysis
- Study of precious metal materials ammonia production and correlatated CO limits
- Engine emission test standards and evolution of test methods
- Product support engineering across wide variety of Engine System lines both new productiona and Remanufacturing (root cause trouble-shooting etc)
- Materials Lab: hands-on activity supporting production analysis develop materials microstructure database viability of heat treat
- Test Engineering: schematic modifications test harness and product test stand updates
- Gas and Steam Turbine upgrade projects; setting up HMI computers installing software recreating field issues support customer field issues in lab environment
Other functions will vary based on the assigned work area.
- May rotate assignments to gain additional business experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Competent in the use of PCs MS Office Programs and other associated software.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the English language with the ability to speak read and write along with good listening skills.
- Good marks in relevant subjects.
- Possess high motivation flexibility and ability to work on his/her own.
- See Essential Functions for scope of applied knowledge skills abilities ideal for the internships
Education or Formal Training
Must be at least a Sophomore in an accredited College or University program and have an acceptable grade point average.
Candidate must be enrolled in technical program of study including but not limited to: Mechanical Engineering Analysis Engineering Software Engineering Materials Science Engineering Industrial Engineering Electrical Engineering Electronics Computer Engineering.
No experience required. Previous internship or other working experience a plus.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder) Political Asylee or Refugee.
Materials and Equipment Used
Materials and Equipment used will depend on the specific job assignment. In general most positions will use:
- PCS including word processing applications spreadsheets and Woodward proprietary applications
- Standard hand tools and measuring devices
- Standard office equipment (Copiers Fax Machines etc.)
Working Environment/ Physical Activities
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment; however depending on the location or job assignment the job may take the member into various areas of the plant where there is possible exposure to noise chemical solutions and dust and differential temperatures.
Woodward offers a Total Reward package for this Internship position (20 hours per week) including:
Estimated pay: $15-20/hour
Medical Dental Vision Insurance
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the companys good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience skills education location and other job-related reasons.
Woodward is an independent designer manufacturer and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial business and military aircraft ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines reciprocating engines compressors wind turbines electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The companys innovative fluid energy combustion control electrical energy and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Woodward MPC Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.