Stockhandler 2nd Shift Hot
- Niles, Illinois
- Job ID
Stockhandler 2nd Shift job at Woodward MPC in Niles IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Under the direction of and reporting to the Department Leader the Stock Handler follows procedures and instructions to physically transfer materials between processes or areas maintaining accurate inventory and traceablitiy records.
Material handling activities include (but are not limited to) receiving basic visual inspection stocking returns picking counting weighing packaging kitting issuing and delivering. Works with general supervision.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as verifying or filling out paperwork inputting or providing data maintaining inventory accuracy etc. and data entry or reporting.
- Performs a variety of organizational functions such as counting weighing packaging etc. to prepare materials for subsequent processes.
- Physically transfers material from one process to another.
- Follows all safety procedures identified in the stock area in regard to bending lifting and the operation of all material handling equipment.
- Coordinates and prioritizes materials and item movements from receiving and product drop off areas sorts and stores on racks trays and shelves in a predetermined order i.e. stocking parts.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to stock or marks information on containers.
- Picks material from racks trays and shelves and prepares them for assembly sub-assembly spare part orders or other subsequent processes.
- Maintains accurate inventory records and traceability on inventory items.
- Identifies non-conformance.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperative efforts.
- May be required to run simple motorized equipment to perform functions (e.g. bandsaw chemical etching vibro engraving)
- May be required to be certified and operate powered material handling equipment (e.g. forklift truck motorized pallet handler crane)
- Good reading writing and math skills.
- Meet deadlines as required.
- Basic Knowledge of WISE.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
Education or Formal Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent international equivalent desired or equivalent expererience.
- No related work experience required.
Woodward is an independent designer manufacturer and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial business and military aircraft ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines reciprocating engines compressors wind turbines electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The companys innovative fluid energy combustion control electrical energy and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Woodward MPC Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.