Network Administrator Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Network Administrator job at XO Holding Inc in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are looking for a Network Administrator with a broad range of skills and experience within both networking and other areas to join the IT department working from the Vista Global office in Fort Lauderdale.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing highly skilled and international team working in a dynamic environment with the latest technologies as part of the wider business aviation sector. The role sits within the IT Infrastructure team which is part of the wider IT department and reports to the Head of IT Infrastructure.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of network administration;
- A degree in computer science or a related subject;
- Technical certifications are considered advantageous.
Candidates should have a range of networking skills and experience with a focus towards the Cisco technologies covering a selection of the below:
- Core networking protocols including TCP/IP DNS DHCP;
- IP addressing subnetting and access list management;
- Network switching including Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches;
- Firewalls technologies including Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls;
- Wireless networking; including Cisco and Meraki access points and wireless LAN controllers;
- Networking security including access control VPNs PKI Cisco ISE IDS/IPS firewall services and AMP;
- Network management monitoring and performance;
- VoIP systems including Cisco Call Manager.
In addition skills and experience in any of the broader range of technologies listed in order of preference would also be considered as advantageous:
- Microsoft Windows Server administration;
- Linux server administration;
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain services;
- Microsoft Messaging platforms including Office 365 and Exchange;
- Amazon AWS cloud platforms including
- VMware vSphere platforms;
- Automation and orchestration technologies including PowerShell Ansible Docker Kubernetes;
- Backup technologies Veeam experience beneficial;
- Monitoring systems PRTG experience beneficial;
- Infrastructure hardware including server and storage appliances;
- MDM and EMM systems AirWatch experience beneficial;
- Citrix XenApp and VMware Horizon View hypervisor platforms.
Finally candidates should also demonstrate the following non-technical skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal English;
- Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Organisational and time management skills must be willing to work under own direction;
- Able to work under pressure and willing to go the extra mile when required;
- Team player;
- Motivation to learn and develop new skills;
- Able and Willing to travel international
- Department: IT
- Location: Fort Lauderdale FL
- Reports to: Director IT
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
XO Holding Inc Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.