Mechanical Engineer Aviation Lead Featured
- South San Francisco, California
- Job ID
Mechanical Engineer Aviation Lead job at Zipline in South San Francisco CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You And The Role
Does pushing the envelope in the regulated landscape of drone delivery excite you? Do you thrive leading teams of people through ambiguity clearly determining an action plan to drive the best designs forward? Do you look at safety critical systems and immediately expose potential weaknesses? At Zipline our work is intended for the field. Patients are counting on it today--there is no time for aiming low or for coming up short.
Zipline was founded by engineers dedicated to making the world a better place. We are scaling around the world and are looking for a talented Engineer to join our team who is excited to drive simple elegant solutions to complex problems that will help save lives every day.
What Youll Do
As the Lead Mechanical Engineer of our air vehicle you will be responsible for bringing future generations of the product from feature set to production. You have a demonstrated history of leading teams through development in a regulated landscape. You can identify when to speed up and when to slow down in a project to execute on tight timelines. You measure time to close on an issue in hours or days not weeks or months. You will bring with you a passion for aviation and the excitement to champion technology that is first of its kind.
What Youll Bring
Must have experience / skills sets
- Prior experience owning a design from concept through production of a safety critical component or subsystem in regulated environment (Aviation/medical/automotive)
- Technical leadership experience; youve owned major technical trades and design decisions with broad cross functional impact
- Experienced design to aerospace or automotive level validation standards
- Excellent communication written verbal and visual
- Team builder experience mentoring high caliber teammates including those better than you in their craft
- Passion for the aviation industry and pioneering designs in regulated environments
- Demonstrated understanding of the FAA certification process
- Identification of clean configuration and change control processes as an engineering stakeholder
- Experience with DFMEA or fault tree analysis as a design tool
- Youve grown a team youre experienced with hiring and people management
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit please apply!
If youd like to learn more about Zipline and our teams feel free to check out our Instagram one of our Reddit AMAs or our website!
Zipline Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.