Proposal Publishing Specialist Featured
- Hazelwood, Missouri
- Job ID
Proposal Publishing Specialist job at Boeing in Hazelwood MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space and Security (BDS) is looking a Proposal Publishing Specialist (level 3) for Hazelwood, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Ridley Park, PA or Seattle, WA.
The Desktop Publisher collaborates with the Proposal Coordinator in all aspects of document formatting. Uses standard templates tailored to RFP requirements. Support document creation to support proposal development, reviews, and delivery. This includes working closely with the Proposal Coordinator and Proposal Manager to review the Request for Proposal (RFP) for requirements to ensure the development of compliant proposal templates. Must understand electronic collaboration environments to ensure configuration control of all formatted documents. The Desktop Publisher supports reviews, preparing review copies and merging reviewers’ comments; and preparing documents for final management review and production.
Work and excel in a team environment with authors, coordinators, and production manager to establish schedules. Interface professionally and positively and coordinate among proposal team members, including writers, editors, graphic artists, and subject matter experts.
- Assists proposal coordinators by creating compliant, quality templates
- Works collaboratively with a wide range of personnel, including book bosses, technical and business subject matter experts, authors, contracts managers, and production staff to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development
- Read and interpret RFP requirements to ensure compliance with font, type size, margins, and other proposal submission requirements
- Review the proposal schedule with the coordinator and ensure deadlines for DTP are realistic/achievable
- Perform visual inspection of all proposal deliverables for quality
- Works with coordinator and proposal manager to facilitate hardcopy and electronic delivery
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at Hazelwood, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Ridley Park, PA or Seattle, WA.?
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Currently have a Bachelors degree or higher
- 1+ year of experience with authoring or publishing systems
- 1+ year of experience with collaboration tools such as TeamCenter Community or SharePoint
- 1+ year of experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro for manipulating, editing, and cropping PDF files
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and team skills
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to learn in house systems
- Able to occasionally travel domestically, work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- DOD acquisition experience
- Experience in proposal development
- Active security clearance is a plus.
- Shipley Training preferred
- APMP certification preferred
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years related work experience, 10 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiablebenefitforthisposition. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.