NC Multiple Tool & Milling Machine Operators Featured
- Auburn, Washington
- Job ID
NC Multiple Tool Milling Machine Operators job at Boeing in Auburn WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for NC Multiple Tool & Milling Machine Operators to join our team supporting Boeing Commercial Airplanes based out of Auburn, WA!
NC machine operators setup, operate and adjust numerous types of Numerically Controlled (NC) single and multiple tool milling machines, utilizing pre-planned control media and/or program documents to fabricate close tolerance, high quality parts from various types of metals. Employment in this position also requires finger manipulation, handling, lifting less than 10 pounds, standing, walking, contact with metals, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
- Prepare to set-up job (e.g., production orders, first lots, tool tryouts) or run previously set-up job by reviewing work order, tie-in sheets, operators or setup documents, blueprints or CATIA plots.
- Ensure that correct material (type and quantity) and tools or fixtures were issued and are free from visible defects.
- Identify type of set-up required.
- Check machine set-up and/or parts completed by previous operator to determine progress on a job and ensure safe working conditions, as required.
- Select machine accessories and holding devises (e.g., chucks, vises, turntables, templates, probes).
- Verify that apparatus is in good condition.
- Identify fixtures, shop aids, or templates to be built and fabricate as required.
- Attach machine accessories, tools, fixtures (e.g. coolant lines, air nozzles, suction devises), shop aides, and gears using dial indicators, edge finders, wrenches, bolts, clamps, and overhead cranes.
- Retrieve and download CNC programs to machine controller using computing equipment and downloading from various servers/data bases.
- Select and check cutting tools per program or CNC documents.
- Ensure cutters are the correct type, length, diameter, radius, and are in good condition.
- Load and unload cutters following program information or set-up documents, using tool holders, spindle tapers, hand tools (e.g. wrenches, mallets, spanners) and/or overhead cranes.
- Set machine coordinates or index points per CNC documents, including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights, and probes, using controller keyboard, coax indicator or digital readout; height blocks, shims and edge finders.
- Run CNC programs to machine rough and precision cut parts following NC documents.
- Adjust machine settings (e.g. speeds and feeds) to correct machining problems or to prepare machine for next operation in sequence, including; head, spindle, or wheel angles.
- Perform minor editing of CNC programs per shop requirements.
- Remove all sharp edges from part with a de-burring tool and/or file, as required.
- Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions as required.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., coolants, solvents) in approved manner (per Material Safety Data Sheets) using personal protective equipment as required.
- Monitor machine during operation for unusual vibration or sounds, watch machine gauges and controller display or digital readout for warnings, visually check cutter path, clearance, chips to ensure smooth operation.
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure parts are complete per drawing and that there are no defects (e.g., tool marks, mismatch, incorrect cutter finish).
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Basic computer skills
- 3+ years of experience as an NC machinist
- 1+ years of experience working with detailed work instructions or reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
High school diploma or GED preferred.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position is for 2nd shift.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.