USAF E7/P8 Associate Wiring Installation Engineer Level 2 Featured
- Tukwila, Washington
- Job ID
USAF E7P8 Associate Wiring Installation Engineer Level 2 job at Boeing in Tukwila WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking an Associate Wire Installation Engineer that will support the Mobility & Surveillance (M & S) Division which includes products like P8, Tanker and E7. This requisition is primarily in support of the E7 or P8 programs, based in Tukwila, but there are opportunities to support other M & S programs.
As a member of the E7 or P8 Wiring Integrated Product Team (IPT) you will be working in a highly dynamic team environment. You will have the opportunity to integrate with the full production value stream, from Engineering to Shop Floor, to successfully execute both post-production modification and well as standard production to the E7 or P8 aircraft.
Wiring is the integration point between the physical aircraft structure and the mission systems capability. As a result the wiring team gets the opportunity to interface and integrate with almost every other design IPT. This gives a great opportunity to experience and learn about the whole aircraft and its systems. Your primary focus in this role will be on the physically integrates the harness into the aircraft. This includes modeling the wire harness as it routes through the airframe as well as design the structural provisions that support the wire. This will involve integration with multiple IPTs but primary you will work with Wire Design.
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas)
- Participates on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues including support to root cause identification as well as NCR dispositions
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
- Works under general supervision.
- Communicate through listening, verbal and written
- Work in dynamic work setting
- Consistently multi task and prioritize work statement
- Patience and resilience in an environment of dynamic change
- Flexibility, initiative, detail orientation, ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new areas
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 2+ Year’s experience with Microsoft Office products
- Availability to travel 10% of your the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with aircraft wire bundle installation
- Experience in an engineering environment
- Familiarity with the 737 aircraft and systems, primarily P8 or E7
- Experience with FAA certification requirements for electrical design
- Familiarity with EWIS requirements
- Prior experience using WIRS and CAADS
- Experience with CATIA V5 and ENOVIA
Bachelors degree andtypically 2 or more yearsexperience in an engineeringclassification or a Mastersdegree with experience in anengineering classification.
Bachelor, Master orDoctorate of Science degreefrom an accredited course ofstudy, in engineering,computer science,mathematics, physics orchemistry. ABET is thepreferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range $87,550 - 118,450
This is a union-represented position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.