Manager, C 17 Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic Support Equipment Featured
- Long Beach, California
- Job ID
Manager C 17 Mechanical Electrical Electronic Support Equipment job at Boeing in Long Beach CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for a Manager for C-17 Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic Support Equipment (MEE SE) to join their team in Long Beach, CA. The C-17 MEE SE team is responsible for the design, fielding and ongoing support of all C-17 Peculiar Support Equipment (PSE) End Items fielded at all domestic and foreign C-17 sites. This includes, but is not limited to, Requirements Analysis, Design, Drawings, Project Leadership, and SE Item Management. The team regularly interfaces with and supports the USAF C-17 Program Office, C-17 maintainers and base managers, Supply Chain, Configuration Management, Technical Publications and other C-17 Engineering teams.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration, strong communication skills, organization, a good work ethic, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, professional etiquette, flexibility, customer service, and the importance of helping the C-17 program to meet their organizational goals.
- Ensures that all MEE SE End Items are fully supported in the field at all foreign and domestic C-17 deployment locations
- Responsible for all MEE Support Equipment design activity, which includes ensuring that all design work addresses all necessary/applicable requirements and criteria
- Ensures that proper technical support is provided in all design or troubleshooting situations
- Ensures that all ongoing MEE SE projects are fully supported technically and meet project schedules as committed to the customer
- Ensures that individual team assignments support various team commitments
- Responsible for SE integration with other engineering disciplines, configuration management, supply chain and technical publications
- Ensures that all MEE SE processes are results-driven, logical and streamlined as much as is practical
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in engineering design and/or analysis
- Leadership experience (i.e. temporary/acting manager, team lead, or completion of a leadership development program, etc.)
- Experience with C-17
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading large scale, cross functional projects
- Experience with Project Planning, Scheduling, Project Management or related experience
- 5+ years of experience with C-17
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location option. (Long Beach, CA.)
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.