AP Mechanic IV Urgent
- Springfield, Illinois
- Job ID
AP Mechanic IV job at StandardAero in Springfield IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Apply for a job where you can build a career in Aviation!
- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance includes medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Safety focused culture
- Advancement opportunities
- On-Site Fitness Center
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance, and major inspections on corporate aircraft. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components is accomplished by this position. In addition, engine removal and reinstallation, operational checks, leak checks, and engine runs are all within the responsibility of the Mechanic, A&P.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
- Removes/reinstalls engines from turbofan and turbo powered aircraft.
- Performs operation checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and document discrepancies (squawks).
- Troubleshoot and repair all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc).
- May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
- Document all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters and Airworthiness Directive as required.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals and schematic diagrams when required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Utilizes mechanics hand tools, precision measuring instruments, gauges and calibration test equipment.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Corporate Aviation (prefer Falcon, Bombardier, Gulfstream, Embraer).
- Must have the ability and experience to be eligible to acquire delegated inspection authority status.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude, and experience using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
Please apply through our ATS @ http://standardaero.com/AboutUs/Careers.aspx and reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
StandardAero Company Overview
BE PART OF THE STANDARDAERO FAMILY – the world’s largest independent MRO provider With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has built a reputation as the industry leader and best place to work. Serving the most discerning clients and maintaining premier aircraft, the global StandardAero family takes pride in offering extensive MRO services and customized solutions through trusted service partnerships with our customers. INVESTING IN OUR EMPLOYEES COMES STANDARD At StandardAero, we inspire our skilled staff to reach and exceed their potential by providing on-the-job training and advancement opportunities, allowing us to consistently deliver on our vision for constantly raising the standard of aviation services. StandardAero is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer About StandardAero Founded in 1911, StandardAero has become one of the aerospace industry’s largest independent maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) providers. Our company’s success is the outgrowth of the synergistic merger of businesses with complementary specialties that have exponentially increased our capabilities and generated unprecedented customer commitment and value. StandardAero offers extensive MRO services and custom solutions for business aviation, commercial aviation, military, and industrial power customers. Nearly 6,600 professional, administrative and technical employees work in more than 50 major facilities worldwide, with additional strategically located regional service and support centers all across the globe. Services include MRO for aircraft and rotorcraft engines, auxiliary power units, components; airframe services including major alterations; FAA authorized avionics capabilities; comprehensive engineering services; and custom exterior and interior design, completion, and paint. We provide these capabilities through our network of specialized facilities and mobile service teams. StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit, and Investment Solutions.