Phantom Works Lead Systems Engineer Featured
- El Segundo, California
- Job ID
Phantom Works Lead Systems Engineer job at Boeing in El Segundo CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Phantom Works Systems Engineering Integration Team (SEIT) is seeking Lead Systems Engineers to lead development efforts on one of multiple proprietary programs. This position will focus on supporting the Multi-Domain Capabilities (MDC) organization.
The Multi-Domain Capabilities organization in Phantom Works is seeking unique engineering talent to help us develop, integrate, and demonstrate the next generation of multi-domain capabilities, command and control, communications, datalinks and networking – all in support of our warfighting community. Our team is looking to rapidly expand our baseline capabilities to support new and existing contracts and our expansion of next generation research and development efforts. We have immediate openings for a wide range of engineering and program management talent and are excited to discuss our opportunities with you. This position is located in El Segundo Ca.
- Lead cross-functional engineering teams in developing systems to meet project/program commitments, including support of deliveries and customer reviews
- Leverage Systems Engineering experience to shape, implement, maintain, and refine the systems engineering approach
- Lead the program in implementing MBSE as part of digital engineering to meet customer expectations
- Support planning and execution of cross-functional program configuration and data management processes
- Lead Systems Engineering efforts such as requirements decomposition, system architecture, environments analysis, specification development, trade studies, program planning, interfaces management, risk management, certification planning & execution, verification & test planning, and overall integration
- Support execution of Phantom Works systems engineering initiatives and advocate for program needs in planning
- Guide the integration of systems engineering, particularly MBSE, into the Digital Engineering Ecosystem to establish digital models as an integral part of the technical baseline.
- Lead interdisciplinary, collaborative approaches to plan, design, develop and verify complex systems solutions
- Establish, maintain, and demonstrate traceability between the requirements, analysis, and design being developed in the Digital Systems Models within the DE Ecosystem
- Identify and manage program technical metrics
- Lead systems engineering support for proposal efforts
- Serve as a Technical Lead Engineer through guiding and coaching less experienced systems engineers
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start isrequired.
This position requires ability to obtain program access, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship only.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience involving system architecture development, including system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design, analysis, and verification.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools, such as CAMEO or similar Systems Modeling Language (SysML)-compatible tool for systems architecture and model development.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Breadth of experience across technical domains and life cycle phases
- Experience with Communications System, Network or Datalink development
- Experience with verification and/or certification efforts
- Experience with communications, network and interoperability architecture definition
- Experience with open architectures such as Weapons Open Systems Architecture (WOSA), Open Mission Systems (OMS), or Universal Command and Control Interface (UCI)
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
For further information on the basic relocation plan, refer here
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.