DevSecOps Engineer Featured
- Annapolis Junction, Maryland
- Job ID
DevSecOps Engineer job at Boeing in Annapolis Junction MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI & A) is seeking a DevSecOps (DSO) Engineerto join our team of talented engineers.
COVID 19 Update:
As a U.S. government contractor, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
Annapolis Junction, MD
Telework Availability: Up to 50%
As a DSO Engineer you will help guide the Boeing Enterprise DevSecOps transformation across all business units. The successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain a modern CI/CD system to build, test and deploy containerized microservices in a fast paced agile environment. We seek candidates who have proven skills in DevOps, software development, test automation, and system automation.
These positions will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The DevOps team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from or lead others.
- Develop and Enhance our DevSecOps operations in multiple Cloud Service environments
- Perform in the entire software development life cycle of the DevOps tool chain
- Collaborate on idea creation and development of the DevSecOps tool chain
- Support the ongoing lifecycle maintenance of the DevSecOps tool chain
- Support the software quality efforts of our Boeing product deliveries to our customers
Technology areas these positions will be focused on are:
- Agile product development
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Automated system testing, integration, and deployment
- Rolling out upgrades to the software tool chain, factory, as needed
- Work closely with developers, testers, and system engineers from multiple product teams
- Suggest modifications to the DevSecOps workflow to improve efficiency
- Research and pitch new tools/products to the team
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 0 to 2 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +0 years related work experience).
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Go, or C++
- Experience in software development, systems engineering, or software integration
- Experience using Application Security concepts and vulnerability remediation techniques
- Experience working with and supporting systems with or derived from Linux Operating System (OS)
- Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools.
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter that can thrive in a distributed remote work environment.
- Understanding of secure software development methodologies and Security First mindset.
- Understanding of designing and implementing full stack infrastructure.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.