PMA Quality Inspector Featured
- Peachtree City, Georgia
- Hourly $18.00 - $29.00
- Job ID
PMA Quality Inspector job at Wencor Group LLC in Peachtree City GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Job Title: PMA Quality Inspector [W] - Wencor
Department: Quality Control
Reports to: Supervisor of Quality Control
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Grade: 8
Overview of Wencor Group:
Wencor is a leading provider of differentiated and IP-driven aftermarket solutions for the commercial aerospace industry. The Company, founded over 60 years ago, offers multiple solutions for airlines to maintain their fleet, including Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA), consumables and expendables distribution, component repair, and used serviceable material parts. Through this comprehensive set of aftermarket solutions and proprietary PMAs and Design Engineering Representative (DERs), Wencor allows its airline customers to reduce its maintenance costs and improve aircraft reliability. Wencor serves the commercial aftermarket, and thus its customer demand is tied to the installed base of aircraft and has a stable financial profile as a result. Wencor is headquartered in the Atlanta, Georgia area with additional offices in Utah, Miami, Seattle, California, Alabama, New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, Shanghai, and Istanbul. The Company has approximately $500 million of revenues and strong margins.
Wencor is owned by management and Warburg Pincus, a leading private equity firm founded in 1966 and an active investor in the aerospace sector. Warburg’s thesis is to continue to support Wencor’s growth through organic investments in people, product, and technology, as well as through tuck-in acquisitions.
Overview of the Position: Perform visual and technical inspection of all parts produced ensuring they meets all quality requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality inspection of components and assemblies to ensure compliance to engineering specifications.
- Review and audit technical certification documents in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s).
- Organize daily activities to maximize efficiency and meet departmental goals.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work as a team member and possess good inter-personal skills.
- Must have a good understanding of manufacturing/production methods and processes.
- Must have the ability to think logically for the application of inspection methods and techniques.
- Read, analyze, and interpret the following documents:
- Engineering drawings
- Technical procedures
- Aerospace specifications
- Government regulations
- Interpret and analyze Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
- Use inspection tools such as a micrometer, calipers, and height gauge.
- Ability to completely and correctly perform and AS9102 First Article Inspection
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, peers, and customers.
- Ability to apply inspection related mathematical concepts such as basic trigonometry, and quality statistics.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Access, and Word.
- Vision Requirements:
- Minimum 20/25 corrected vision.
- Pass Color Vision eye exam.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED or
- Capable of becoming an ASQ Certified Quality Inspector within two years of position.
- Associates degree in Quality, or related technical field preferred.
- Five years related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training in Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Six Sigma concepts preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Is frequently required to talk or listen.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
- Travel up to 10%.
Wencor Group LLC Company Overview
Wencor is a leading provider of differentiated and IP-driven aftermarket solutions for the aerospace industry. The Company, founded in 1955, offers innovative solutions for airlines to maintain and upgrade their fleet, including Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA), consumables and expendables distribution, component repair, and used serviceable material parts. Through this comprehensive set of aftermarket solutions, proprietary PMAs and Design Engineering Representative (DER) Repairs, Wencor provides its customers numerous ways to reduce maintenance costs and improve aircraft reliability. Wencor serves the commercial aftermarket and defense sectors, and thus its customer demand is tied to the installed base of aircraft and has a stable financial profile as a result. Wencor is headquartered in the Atlanta, Georgia area with additional offices in Utah, Florida, Washington, Texas, California, Alabama, New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, Shanghai, and Istanbul. Wencor is owned by management and Private Equity, which, collectively, encourages growth through organic investments in people, product, and technology, as well as through tuck-in acquisitions.