Ramp and Ground Operations Service Technician Featured
- Swanton, Ohio
- Hourly $15.00 - $18.00
- Job ID
Ramp and Ground Operations Service Technician job at Grand Aire Inc in Swanton OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Since 1985, Grand Aire, Inc., has been providing a full range of outstanding general aviation services to both local and transient aviation customers, at our headquarters located at the Toledo Express Airport. The exciting and dynamic work environment includes everything relating to aviation, with different opportunities occurring daily. Examples of work tasks include:
- Interacting with all customers.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment.
- Fueling and servicing aircraft.
- Towing/parking aircraft.
- Off/on-loading baggage and/or cargo from aircraft.
- Accepting bulk fuel loads.
- Use of heavy equipment and machinery, such as fuel trucks, de-ice truck, fork lifts, belt loaders, etc.
- Responsible for point of sale transactions, email, and other computer related tasks.
Grand Aire's Line Service Technicians ensure that the slogan "We Keep Things Moving in Grand Style!" is always their top priority with our customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years of experience in servicing and handling aircraft preferred.
- Mechanic experience preferred.
- Good one on one professional customer skills a must.
- Must possess strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Basic math and computer skills are necessary.
- Self motivated.
- Must have flexible shift availability (24/7/365 operation), including weekends and night shift.
- Professional and clean appearance is a must.
- Physically able to perform heavy lifting.
- Physically able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions/temperatures.
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma.
- Valid Driver’s License (CDL Class-B preferred, but not required).
- Valid Medical Certificate preferred, but not required.
- Valid Forklift Operator’s Certificate preferred, but not required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must pass a TSA background check.
- Must pass a drug screening test.
- Pay commensurate with level of experience.
Benefits Include (with various eligibility requirements)
- Paid Tiime Off (including vacation, personal, and holidays)
- 401(k) (with partial match)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (with co-pay)
- Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
- Incentive Plan Participation
Please send your resume
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Grand Aire Inc Company Overview
Since 1985, Grand Aire, Inc., has been providing a full range of outstanding aviation services from our corporate offices located at the Toledo Express Airport. The exciting and dynamic work environment includes all things relating to aviation, with different opportunities occurring daily. Our 24/7/365 staffed full service FBO (Fixed Base Operation) is located off of I-80/90, and Ohio Route 2 (Airport Highway), providing easy and convenient accessibility. Our professional Line Service Technicians provide outstanding services to both our transient customers and aircraft tenants, along with performing many other tasks associated with the general aviation side of the business. These services include marshalling aircraft, off/on loading of cargo from cargo carrier aircraft, fueling aircraft from small single engine aircraft to 747 size aircraft, as well as you would be responsible for many others duties...every day is truly a new experience at Grand Aire. Grand Aire's Logistics Team manages air charter, air freight, and ground expedite services to our host of customers, to include manufacturing and third party logistics companies, as well as organ procurement networks. We thrive on time critical air transportation moves, ensuring our customers receive prompt and professional management and follow through of their freight or passenger move--from wheels up to wheels down. Living by our motto of "We keep things moving in Grand style!"--we hope you will want to join our team of world class professionals!