Accounts Receivable Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $18.00
- Job ID
Accounts Receivable job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, or computers. Make decisions regarding customer accounts or the coordination with accounting manager to reach appropriate decision for customers.
- Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures and cash postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other coworkers.
- Evaluate records for accuracy or balances, postings, calculations, and other records pertaining to business or operating transactions and recording discrepancies
- Perform financial calculations such as amounts due and, balances.
- Record financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records.
- Prepare weekly/monthly statements for mailing.
- Provide friendly, courteous customer service by phone, fax, and mail for account questions, auditing, etc.
- Responsible for the research and correction of account errors.
- Coordinate with accounts payable for refund on customer accounts, receipt of refunds from vendor accounts, pass thru billing to intercompany accounts and agent pay/customer account reconciliations.
- Perform collections as needed, being conscious of the accounts that are 60, 90 and 120 days past due; contacting the customer as directed.
- Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and comfortable with frequent changes.
- Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
- Requires the knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, and mathematic applications as they pertain to accounting.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of financial functions.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $18/Hour
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 419852045
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.