Assistant Flight Operations Training Manager Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Assistant Flight Operations Training Manager job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Assistant Flight Operations Training Manager is dual report to the Director of Operations and the Flight Operations Training Manager and has the authority of ensuring all aspects of departmental training are following 14 CFR Part 121. He/she will possess a strong educational background with emphasis in aerospace training and extensive experience in managing training and develop programs. He/she will have a thorough knowledge of all FAA training related regulations and industry standards in order to coordinate, implement, design, and administer EAC’s required flight operations training programs. Coordination, implementation, and development of the Operations Department training program in compliance with 14CFR Part 121, 135, company policies, procedures, and standards.
1. Constant development and improvement of the training products and media.
2. Proactive response to student evaluations.
3. Procure, design, and administer training programs for flight crew and operations personnel in accordance with all applicable FAR’s, FAA and industry standards to ensure safety and proficiency.
4. Research and develop training curriculum and provide instruction as needed.
5. Assist the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot in establishing and modifying Operations Department training policies, procedures, instructions, and information necessary to ensure FAA compliance.
6. Maintains currency of policies, procedures, instructions, and information as necessary for the flight operations training program according to company manuals and regulatory compliance.
7. Plan, schedule, and organize training events including coordination of instructors, facilities, materials, and information. Coordinate and communicate training event requirements with appropriate managers.
8. Conduct and participate in audits as required by company policies and procedures.
9. Act as a liaison with outside agencies for the planning, scheduling, and organization of training events.
10. Maintain accurate and complete records for all training events.
11. Monitor evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
12. Create and maintain Operations Training Specialist desk top procedures.
13. Maintain an organized training facility.
14. Has the responsibility for the quality of and has the authority to establish and modify policies, procedures, instructions, and information for the Everts Air Cargo Flight Operations Training Program and the EAC Flight Operations Training Manual.
15. Incorporate additions or modifications to training modules in response to any identified discrepancies generated by IEP, FAA, FSAC, etc.
16. Maintain liaison with the FAA on matters pertaining to training.
17. Reviews company manual revisions, per the revision procedures in Chapter 1 of the General Operations Manual and ensures the content of manuals under his authority remains consistent with other manuals.
18. Ensures class completion of all flight operations training events.
19. Serve in any position for which an FAA license is held.
20. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
21. Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
22. Promote the mission, vision, and values that the Company has developed, and ensure adherence to the Everts leadership manual and employee handbook.
23. All other duties and tasks assigned.
1. 3 or more years of experience in Aviation training.
2. Strong educational background and experience in managing and developing programs and providing instruction with an emphasis on aerospace education.
3. Through knowledge of all FAA training related regulations for 14CFR Part 121 and 135 with an understanding of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
4. Experience with computer skills including MS Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
5. Organizational and record keeping skills with an attention to detail.
6. Experience working in a team environment.
7. Effective communication skills.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.