Accounting Clerk Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $18.00
- Job ID
Accounting Clerk job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures and cash postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other coworkers.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Debit or credit accounts as required: invoice/credit memo customers, enter invoices/credit memos for vendors.
- Evaluate records for accuracy or balance, postings, calculations, and other records pertaining to business or operating transactions and record discrepancies.
- Perform financial calculations such as amounts due, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
- Create or post cash receipts from daily check deposit.
- Post ACH withdrawals and deposits from bank account to appropriate customer and vendor accounts.
- Record financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records.
- Verify balances and entries, pricing, calculations, and postings recorded by other workers prior to entry in the accounting software.
- Responsible for the research and correction of account errors for both accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Perform collections as needed, being conscious of the accounts that are 60, 90 and 120 days past due; contacting the customer as is necessary, preparing and mailing letters and requests for payment.
- Prepare payables invoices for processing including accurate coding.
- Reconcile accounts payable to vendor statements and request copies of missing documentation as necessary.
- File all accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices and documentation.
- Data enter fuel paperwork for both local and flight deliveries.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and comfortable with frequent changes.
- Requires the ability to coordinate with and work for a variety of Management personnel and must be self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
- Requires good organizational, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and the ability to maintain current and updated information. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a database.
- Ability to operate 10 key by touch.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $18/Hour
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 419852044
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.