BGS Chief Program Engineer Featured
- Hazelwood, Missouri
- Job ID
BGS Chief Program Engineer job at Boeing in Hazelwood MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Seeking a candidate to fill the position Chief Program Engineer (CPE) supporting the Training Aircraft and Autonomous Systems (TAAS) portfolio – T-45, AV-8B, MQ-25, T-38, and T-7 platforms. The CPE has responsibility for overall safety, technical integrity, and engineering execution excellence for the TAAS platforms and supporting systems. The TAAS CPE will report to the Boeing Global Services (BGS) Director of Program Technical Integration (PTI) and be dedicated to supporting the TAAS portfolio.
The TAAS CPE is a key member of the TAAS Program Leadership Team and is accountable to the TAAS Program Director. The CPE is the senior engineering leader for the program and the senior technical interface to customers, teammates and suppliers. This individual is also responsible for program technical integration across Boeing business units.
This position will operate per PRO-6924, which outlines the Chief Program Engineer role and charter as the independent technical leader ensuring technical excellence, safety, and proper coordination between the teams.
- Ensure safety and product integrity for the sustainment & support of all aircraft platforms within the TAAS portfolio
- Manage program technical baseline to include specifications, configuration, design and certification/verification (including all changes)
- Manage program technical status, to include technical performance metrics, driving first time quality, engineering health, and performance
- Manage program engineering staffing requirements
- Chair the Engineering Review Board (ERB), independent reviews, technical risk and opportunity management reviews, program technical reviews, proposal engineering commitment reviews, and Mission Assurance Reviews
- Lead productivity improvement and cost reduction initiatives in collaboration with engineering Capabilities
- Prevent traveled technical risk and ensure technical risks/issues driven to closure
- Leverage BPSM methods in performing comprehensive root cause and corrective action efforts
- Collaborate with customer, partner and suppliers on future requirements and architecture of the TAAS aircraft platforms
- Perform technical trade studies to evaluate and differentiate alternative solutions
- Establish, review and approve technology investment plans and roadmaps to drive business growth
- Provide technical leadership and approval of all technical estimates submitted in proposals
- Provide formal technical reports and presentations, as defined by the PM, to the customer
- Act as the formal technical interface between engineering and the other functions on the program
- Advocate for technical independent or non-advocate reviews as needed
- Establish, review, and approve Intellectual Property (IP) & Proprietary Rights agreements of contract deliverable items
- The TAAS CPE will establish the technical organizational vision and strategies while executing technical strategic initiatives.
- The TAAS CPE will develop, adopt, and support program AGILE transformation efforts and initiatives to bring better value to the Air Force customer.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering is required.
- 5 years or greater in a managerial role
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 10 years or greater in a managerial role.
- Experience with positive collaboration with aircraft end users such as the USAF or USN
- Active Current U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience working with executive and non-executive teams in developing integrated strategies to achieve short-term and long-term strategies
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis, MO).
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.