- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $24.00
- Job ID
GSE Mechanic job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Ground Services Equipment (GSE) Mechanic sets up, adjusts, and maintains assigned ground support equipment with responsibility for production, preventative maintenance, repair and quality.
Compensation: $24.00/Hour or more Depending On Experience
Requisition ID: 470164973
- Repairs and maintains tractor trailer truck cabs and trailers, company automobiles, Ground Support Equipment, pick-up and delivery trucks.
- Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Complete DOT inspections and adjust equipment to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle inspections and safety standards.
- Tunes up engine to maintain combustion control standards.
- Disassembles, inspects, and replaces worn or broken parts. Fits and adjusts new or repaired parts.
- Uses hoist wrenches, gauges, drills or grinders, or other specialized auto mechanic tools and equipment.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- Certification by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which frequently exceed 70 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Please refer to AvJobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.