Quality Assurance Auditor MIA Urgent
- Miami Springs, Florida
- Job ID
Quality Assurance Auditor MIA job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Miami Springs FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance/Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Auditor to join our team in Miami, FL, US. We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele.
JOB TYPE: Full- Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Auditor is responsible for compiling objective evidence by conducting interviews, reviewing documentation, observing activities, performing audits, surveillance and investigations to determine whether organizations and/or individuals (management or non-management) are conducting business in accordance with regulations and established policies and procedures. The Quality Assurance Auditor provides direction and recommendations for the resolution of matters of non-conformance through the development of corrective action plans, comprehensive fixes and/or process changes. Based on input from the Quality Assurance Auditor and/or Department’s investigation the Company will determine what action may be warranted.
The work of the Quality Assurance Auditor includes, but is not limited to:
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled surveillance/audits of the repair station, its facility and vendors, sub-contractors, A/C parts suppliers and manufactures for compliance with FEAM Policies and Procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Evaluate Internal Operations for adequacy of facilities, equipment, procedures and overall management to ensure safe, effective and compliant operations.
- Coordinate investigation and reporting of incidents of non-compliance and non-conformance.
- Will monitor compliance with all company RSM Policies and Procedures, Safety Management System (SMS) program and Company Safety Department Requirements through the use of Quality Assurance & SMS Auditing matrix and checklists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all internal and external quality audits of all assigned line stations
- Identify systemic problems with respect to policies and procedures and report deficiencies
- Works with management on yearly audit planning
- Initiates and coordinates administration of Corrective Action Program (CAP’s) when applicable, maintains all audit records, sends out reminders when the response is overdue, works with Management to resolve any issues, and performs actual correction action activities to assist in the corrective action process both internally and for customers
- Creates annual quality review reports through the use of data collected both internally and from customers for management review
- Monitors inspection procedures and policy on a random basis to ensure quality control procedures are being effectively carried out.
- Will monitor the operation of Line & Service checks on a random basis to ensure the proper procedures and paperwork is being utilized.
- Assist in the review and updating procedure of all Repair Station manuals, for the company’s Read & Sign program, repair Station and Customer Airline authorization rosters.
- Assist in the development and implementation of vendor audit processes and procedures as well as maintaining the Repair Station Approved Vendor List.
- Ensure all Repair Station personnel comply with current Federal Aviation Regulations, Repair Station and Quality Control Manual (RSM), and Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and positive customer service attitude without compromising quality.
- Ensure maintenance and inspection personnel use approved or accepted data issued by the manufacturer, FAA and or Customer.
- Ensure adequate inspection aids, special tools and equipment are available, and maintained in a serviceable condition.
- Oversight of company technician training requirements.
- Oversight of the company tool control and tool calibration program.
- Ensure final inspections are properly performed on all work completed before it is released for Return to Service
- Ensure incoming parts, supplies, and articles receive an incoming inspection (Receiving Inspection) IAW repair station policies and procedures.
- Perform such other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using standard English. Able to interface in a pleasant and professional manner with all departments, level of management, customers and vendors. Able to complete assigned tasks, including follow-up assignments, in a timely manner. Must be willing to work irregular schedule when required. Familiar with the following FAA regulations, 14 CFR 43, 145 and 121. Experience Maintaining compliance with OSHA regulations and record keeping preferred. Ability to thoroughly audit work packages, if required, ensuring that all assigned work has been properly completed and documented. Able to competently research and retrieve technical data. Properly interpret blueprints, drawings and other technical data. Demonstrated proficiency with PC applications (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Data Analysis tools). Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills. Be able to analyze information and utilize problem solving skills. Be able to work under adverse conditions in a production, line maintenance, aircraft hangar environment.
REQUIREMENT: Minimum three years hands-on Aircraft Maintenance experience or three years specialized experience in a related aviation field.
- Experience with Quality Assurance, auditing, inspection techniques, document control, corrective and preventative actions, continuous improvement, risk management, supplier reviews preferred
- ASQ, ISO or similar certificate preferred
- College or University 2/4-year degree preferred
- Aviation Management, Safety or related field; preferred
- FAA A&P certificate preferred
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.