Ground Support Equipment Supervisor Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $28.00
- Job ID
Ground Support Equipment Supervisor job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Supervise the GSE department, ensuring all company standards are met and the department is operating at the maximum efficiency and profitability. This position involves the ability to make informed decisions regarding all GSE maintenance performed.
Oversee all aspects of the GSE/Facilities department to include issuing priorities, scheduling maintenance and requesting department resources.
Oversee and coordinate maintenance for Anchorage facilities.
1. Coordinate ANC based Ground Support Equipment maintenance to include issuing priorities, scheduling equipment and vehicle maintenance, and requesting department resources.
2. Supervise, direct, hire, train, discipline, coach and conduct performance reviews for GSE employees.
3. Responsible for duties of GSE Mechanics, ensuring that all equipment and vehicles are in good working order and preventative maintenance is performed according to manufacturer or company standards.
4. Oversee the ordering and purchasing of parts and services required to support the GSE operation.
5. Implement company policy/directives within your work group.
6. Develop and maintain excellent communication and cooperation with all Everts Air Cargo management, department personnel, stations, agent stations and primary vendors.
7. Develop future planning goals and objectives that are achievable and realistic, and that complement the company’s growth strategy.
8. Conduct all maintenance procedures safely and in accordance with Company Manuals or other approved standard procedures.
9. Perform routine preventative facility maintenance to ensure that the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate, building systems operate efficiently and machines continue to run smoothly.
10. Diagnose mechanical, electrical, plumbing or other problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
11. Request bids for maintenance repairs that need to be contracted out.
12. Oversee facilities for safety hazards and report any deficiencies.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. 5 years’ experience heavy equipment mechanic with strong hydraulic and electrical background.
2. Ability to read and understand electrical/hydraulic schematics and other technical documents associated with equipment repair.
3. Ability to read and write and to follow detailed written instructions.
4. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
6. Requires a highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated person that is comfortable with frequent changes.
7. Computer skills to include standard MS Office suite.
8. Familiarity with maintenance programs.
9. Working knowledge of mechanical and construction aspects of facilities maintenance and repair.
10. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
12. Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training.
13. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.