Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely operated surveillance aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technician in our Energy and Advanced Concepts division in support of the characterization and assembly of precision components within the National Ignition Facility (NIF) Target Fabrication Group in Livermore CA for General Atomics.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with limited supervision within the NIF Target Fabrication Group to characterize and assemble precision components.
- Operates computer controlled and manually operated assembly stations and performs dimensional inspection on meso-scale components utilizing metrology tools such as microscopes and optical coordinate measuring machines.
- Requires regular use of computers instrumentation multi-axis assembly stations microscopes and metrology equipment.
- Interacts with resident staff and other engineering scientific and technical personnel from a variety of laboratory organizations.
- Performs various tasks including target subassembly and base assembly.
- Prepares and installs thin films into components or subassemblies.
- Inspects capsule fill tube assemblies to verify suitability prior to further assembly process steps.
- Installs threads and analyzes surface of capsule fill tube assemblies prior to installation into target assemblies.
- Carries out multi-step assembly procedures and documents results.
- Performs job duties within A¢a,¬Aclass 100A¢a,¬? clean room.
- Handles and inspects A¢a,¬Ahigh valueA¢a,¬? and extremely fragile components.
- Diagnoses and corrects operational problems or trouble sources in equipment and tests.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires associates degree or equivalent with seven or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure high voltage high energy cryogens or radioactive materials.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
- Must have analytical ability to read and understand detailed instructions drawings and specifications.
- Communication skills necessary to write and record precise information.
- Special skills and expertise to use complex equipment or experimental techniques.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.