Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
A/C Maintenance & Structures Technician
To apply for this position, please go to www.colheli.com, click on the About/Careers tab, then the red Current Positions button, and click on the job you want to apply for.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required for all positions. Position is opened until filled.
Columbia Helicopters is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
We are looking for qualified Trainees interested in progressing toward an A/C Maintenance & Structures Technician role. The ideal candidate usually is either a recent A&P School/Program grad and/or recently transitioned Military with Aviation experience. After between 1 – 3 years of on-the-job training the employee would perform most/all of the job duties listed below.
Performs aircraft maintenance, preventive maintenance, complete aircraft teardown and assembly to include all aircraft components. Performs all applicable flight control rigging and functional check flights. Assist with structural (sheet metal) repairs and alterations; will also fabricate structural parts as part of the parts manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
• Read and interprets maintenance manuals, or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned tasks.
• Inspects aircraft structures and/or aircraft airframe systems and parts (such as mechanical flight control, hydraulic and fuel systems) following defined inspection program and utilizing visual inspection techniques or inspection aids (such as precision measuring equipment) as required.
• Replaces or repairs damaged or worn aircraft structural parts or performs structural alterations utilizing general hand tools and pneumatic tools and structural repair equipment.
• Performs removal, assembly and replacement of aircraft component or system parts as required.
• Performs all applicable flight control maintenance up to and including rigging.
• Assist in functional check flights.
• Properly documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records to meet established standards.
• Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
• Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
• Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE -
• High school diploma or equivalent required; further education or technical training is preferred.
• Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license Required.
• Previous heavy helicopter experience required (Tandem rotor preferred).
• Requires 3+ years’ mechanical experience and a strong aptitude for acquiring new mechanical skills and knowledge.
• General experience in structural (sheet metal) repairs, modifies, restorations and alterations.
• Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment is preferred.
• Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
• Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs.
• Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally.
• Ability to work in deployed locations as needed for customer support for periods of up to 28 days.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Please sign in to apply for this job.