Airline Ticket Agent Q&A
Airline Ticket Agent Questions and Answers
- What does an Airline Ticket Agent do?
Check people in, check luggage, process tickets, makes reservations and changes to them. Occasionally
works the gates.
- Why did you become an Airline Ticket Agent?
For the flying benefits.
- Would you encourage others to become involved? Why?
Yes, if you are interested in travel and people.
- How does one prepare for this career? (Training, certificate, degree, etc.)
Have a customer service background, and learn to deal well with people.
- What skills or abilities do you think someone should have before entering this field?
Customer service and sales experience.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
Flying around the world and meeting all kinds of new people.
- What is the most frustrating thing about your job?
You do not always have a set schedule, and the rules changed quit frequently.
- What pleasant things happened that balance the stress of this job?
Meeting interesting people and your coworkers.
- How do you deal with the stress involved in working with angry airline passengers (suggestions for others)?
Try to empathize with them and kill them with kindness.
- How is math used on a daily basis? Please provide an example.
Most things are computerized.
- What is the most unusual thing that has happened to you as an Airline Ticket Agent?
Meeting famous people and making good friends.
- How is communication used daily? Can you provide an example of a problem with communication/listening and how you solved it?
You are constantly dealing with others and communication is not the same with all people.
- How are decisions part of your daily job? Please provide an example. How would an Airline Ticket Agent make such a decision?
Without having a supervisor, many times you have to decide what is acceptable and what is not.
- What do you find rewarding about your job?
Happy customers, and making them happy.
- What stereotypes or misconceptions exist about this field (and what is the truth behind them)?
That it is a glamorous job, but it is a lot of hard work.
- Do you have a personal work philosophy that has driven you to accomplish what you have?
Do your best, no matter what the situation is.
- What advice would you give someone pursuing this field?
Don't give up, work hard, you will be rewarded in the end.
- What future do you see with this field? (The Occupational Outlook Handbook suggests this field is overloaded with people. Do you agree? Why or why not?)
No. There is a very high turnover rate in this field.
- What is the average starting pay for an Airline Ticket Agent?
See current Reservations & Travel Agent Salaries, Wages and Pay information.
- Do you think the use of computers will help this field grow, or require fewer Airline Ticket Agents?
I think it will help it grow. There will always be problems that actual people have to deal with.
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Avjobs System Statistics
Avjobs has over
67,844 jobs available.
63,848 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Job availability and career advancement tools are available to all registered applicants in the Avjobs Applicant System.
Jobs - Apply Online Today!
Get Hired FASTER!
Avjobs Applicant Discount Programs.
Register for an applicant subscription, send in your
documentation and receive up to twelve (12) months
of free service on us! See or
discount programs and
6 month guarantee.