Reservations Agent Q&A
Reservations Agent Question & Answer
- What does a Reservations Agent do?
Makes reservations for passengers, explain rules
and gives quotes and fares. Makes reservations for passengers, explain rules
and gives quotes and fares.
- Why did you become a Reservations Agent?
For the flying benefits.
- Would you encourage others to become involved? Why?
Yes, if you are interested in travel and people. Yes, if you are interested in travel and people.
- How does one prepare for this career? (Training,
certificate, degree, etc.))
Have a customer service background, High School
- What skills or abilities do you think someone should have before entering this
Customer service and computer experience.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
Flying around the world (benefits) and meeting people.
- What is the most frustrating thing about your job?
You do not always have a set schedule, and the pay. You do not always have a set schedule, and the pay.
- What pleasant things happened that balance the stress of this job?
Company incentives, games prizes, and attendance
- How do you deal with the stress involved in working with angry airline
passengers (suggestions for others)?
You just do it. Try not to let it bother
you and do not take it personally.
- How is math used on a daily basis? Please provide
Most things are computerized but you do have to
determine taxes on tickets.
- What is the most unusual thing that has happened to you as a Reservations Agent?
Prank phone calls.
- How is communication used daily? Can you provide an example of a problem with
communication/listening and how you solved it?
Dealing with customers, coworkers, supervisors,
and bulletin boards.
- How are decisions part of your daily job? Please provide an example. How would a
Reservations Agent make such a decision?
You have to know all the rules and
policies before being able to handle any call.
- What do you find rewarding about your job?
Benefits. Particularly the flight benefits.
- What stereotypes or misconceptions exist about this field (and what is the truth
People think we make things up (fares, $ etc.) restrictions.
- Do you have a personal work philosophy that has driven you to accomplish what
- What advice would you give someone pursuing this field?
to be flexible.
- What future do you see with this field? (The
Occupational Outlook Handbook suggests this field is
overloaded with people. Do you agree? Why or why not?))
Yes. Everyone wants to fly for free.
- What is the average starting pay for a Reservations Agent?
See current Reservations & Travel Agent Salaries, Wages and Pay information.
- Do you think the use of computers will help this field grow, or require fewer
Both. I think computers will help in the position
but you will always need a human at the other end of
the telephone to completely satisfy the customer.
See Your Ad Here
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Avjobs System Statistics
Avjobs has over
51,748 jobs available.
51,148 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Job availability and career advancement tools are available to all registered applicants in the Avjobs Applicant System.
Aviation Jobs - Apply Today!
Get Hired FASTER!
Avjobs Applicant Discount Programs.
Register for an applicant subscription, send in your
documentation and receive up to twelve (12) months
of free service on us! See or
discount programs and
6 month guarantee.