Are there any jobs for unlicensed mechanics?
Aerospace Manufacturing and Assembly Career Overview
The aerospace industry (of which aircraft manufacturing is one portion) is primarily engaged in the design, development and manufacture of aircraft, missiles, spacecraft, their propulsion, navigation and guidance systems, and other aeronautical and astronautical systems and their components.
The major divisions within the aircraft manufacturing industry are airframe, components, accessory and equipment, and engine.
Ground support equipment (GSE) is the support equipment found at an airport, usually on the ramp, the servicing area by the terminal. This equipment is used to service the aircraft between flights. As its name implies, GSE is there to support the operations of aircraft on the ground. The functions that this equipment plays generally involve ground power operations, aircraft mobility, and loading operations (for both cargo and passengers). The GSE mechanic services and repairs ground service equipment including portable stairs, fuel and food trucks, towing tractors, aircraft tugs, manlifts, APU's, company automobiles and employee buses.
MVCC A&P Certificate Program Description
The Mohawk Valley Community College (MVCC) Airframe & Powerplant Certificate program is located at Griffiss International Airport in Rome NY. The MVCC A&P Program is FAA FAR147 approved (Cert #VXYT570K). This program is unique because it spans three consecutive semesters over the course of twelve months. It provides the required 1,900 hours of FAA curriculum, and all students are issued a seven drawer roll-around Snap-On, or MAC cabinet box tool set as part of the program tuition. With the A&P certificate program being only one year in length, it is ideally suited for those who need to obtain their FAA certification in as short of time as possible in order to get back to work.
The MVCC Aviation Training Center offers training on a functional Boeing 727-100 and a wide variety of general aviation aircraft. The presence of two heavy jet MRO’s on the same airport also offers exposure to different aircraft types for students. The program has been involved in several military aircraft restoration display projects including a B-52 and F-4 Phantom.
In addition to the FAA A&P certificate, students may also chose to continue with MVCC for two more conventional college semesters to achieve an AAS degree in Mechanical Technology: Aircraft Maintenance.
MVCC has two main campuses and several off campus locations, with approximately 8,000 total students. It is also part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, which allows for all standard forms of financial aid to be applied to the cost of the tuition and fees, and insures all programs offered by MVCC are maintained to the highest academic standards. Because MVCC is a non-profit community college, the tuition rates are much lower than other similar programs offered by private educational institutions. Room and board in the upstate New York area is very affordable which also contributes to keeping the overall cost of obtaining an A&P certificate through MVCC very affordable.
MVCC Aviation Maintenance contact information:
Mohawk Valley Community College
Aviation Training Center
116 Langley Rd
Rome, NY 13441
Helicopter Tour Company
With more than 10 years of experience, this helicopter tour company is looking to hire an experienced R-44 (Robinson Model 44) tour Pilot in the Miami area. We are dedicated to offering our employees a safe, challenging and professional working environment with a competitive wage within the industry.
Helicopter Tour Company in Miami offers one of the most desired and exiting jobs in town.
- Earn More
- Love Your Job
- Love Your Co-Workers
- Have a Great Time
- Applicants must posses the ability to assist with physical tasks, such as carrying, lifting and pushing weights up to 80 pounds.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Certificate with rotor craft helicopter.
- Must have flexible schedule.
- Minimum 500 hours of flight time.
- Bilingual, Spanish is a plus!
If you would like to fly with a great company and a great team, we invite you to email your resume at No phone calls, please.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
As many as eight out of ten new jobs are obtained through some form of personal contact. Avjobs provides you with these personal contacts! Discover how to network and why it is crucial in your job search.
The Avjobs methodology works with all major air carriers, airports, aerospace, aviation, colleges, universities and government agencies and is now available to help you explore your opportunities, refine your search, and ultimately, get the right job, faster.
Over 90% of our applicants are successfully employed in less than 90 days!
Yes, you can conduct a job search or career change on your own, but do you want to settle for only advertised jobs, regardless of the fit or compensation? Or would you rather possess the knowledge, skills, and professional marketing materials to get the job that is really the right one for you?
Investing in your career with Avjobs Professional Aviation Employment Assistance for your Aviation Job Search makes difference! Recent Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (2013) reports the average length of unemployment is about 9.5 months. Our own most recent client survey results showed our clients Get Hired FASTER! (varies by income level)
Your results may vary and no one can guarantee you a job. But statistics show that our professional assistance for your Aviation Job Search can help people get better jobs faster. Just see what our clients have to say!
How much more money would you earn if you started your new position sooner?
||1 week sooner
||3 weeks sooner
||5 weeks sooner
||8 weeks sooner
The Avjobs Applicant System is easy to use and offers numerous features and tools to guide you, help you find jobs and achieve your career goals. Whether you are changing jobs or changing careers, you have come to the right place.
Aviation Specific Job Search: Our job categories and endless ways to narrow down your job search are certain to give you the results you're looking for. It is the smartest and fastest way to search available jobs in the aviation & aerospace industry.
Our Employment Information Services Save Time and Money!
A Small Business Guide for Aviation Ad Network
So you've got a business, you want to advertise online and you've got a small budget. What to do?
Aviation Ad Network, Avjobs online keyword-driven, pay-per-click advertising gives small businesses the opportunity to get the word out about their product or service to targeted groups of people. Even with a small budget (as little as $5!).
Aviation Ad Network is extremely beneficial. Here's why:
You can do the following with Aviation Ad Network:
- Control your budget
- Choose where your ad appears
- Set your cost-per-click (CPC) price point
- Track the success of your ad campaigns
- Get charged only when someone clicks on the ad, not just when it appears in a browser window
- Have ads appear along with content that matches your company. For example, if you sell hangar door openers and someone searches for "hangar doors," your ad would be most likely to appear.
- Reach new customers you otherwise wouldn't reach
All ads appear on high-quality aviation websites that partner with the Aviation Ad Network. How high in the list your ad appears depends on how closely your keywords match a user's search term, and how much you're willing to pay for each click.
So how do you get started with Aviation Ad Network? Simply follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Create Your First Ad
Creating an ad is quick. You can choose a text ad or display ad. The display ads appear as graphics with text.
- Go to: https://www.avjobs.com/adnetwork/
- Click the button that says "Create Your Ad"
Enter your information (name your ad, choose an ad type, enter your ad information)
- Choose a text ad, text ad with small image or Image banner ad.
- Choose a headline – The headline appears in bold and is used to grab the reader's attention, so try to hook the reader with this line. The headline must be 40 characters or fewer.
- Fill in description line number one – This line provides additional information from the headline. If you were browsing for your product, what would make you click on the link with the intent to buy? You don't want to trick people to come to your site, so make sure you can deliver on any promises you make. Traffic doesn't always translate to sales. You can use up to 40 characters on this line.
- Fill in description line number two – This is a place to add additional information that may not have fit on the first line. You can also use a call-to-action tag here, such as "save 25% if you order today." You have 40 characters to use on this line as well.
- Display URL is where you put your address for your website as you want it to appear. Leave out the "http://" and simply use "www.yoursite.com" for appearance sake.
- Destination URL is the actual destination to your website. The http:// is already in the drop box. You can also choose https://. In the blank box, fill in the rest of your website address. Be sure the link is working properly. You don't want to pay for clicks that don't actually land on your website due to a typo.
- Carefully review the ad preview. You may want to enlist the help of another person to check for typos or grammatical errors.
- Click the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page.
Avjobs Aviation Ad Network "Get Started"
Step 2: Target Your Audience
- This is where you can select the countries you would like to target with your ad. If you would rather not target any particular countries, imply select 'No Country Targeting'. If you would like to select specific US States and Market Regions, select ONLY United States from the Available Countries. You can always change it later.
- You will also want to select the Content Channel for the type of broad-reach content that relates to your advertisement. The "Default Channel" will be selected by default. You should leave this selection checked for the widest reach. You can always change it later.
- Keywords and Phrases are used to deliver your advertisement on search results and related content pages. Include as many keywords and phrases that are related to your campaign or simply leave this section blank. You can always change it later.
Step 3: Activate Your Account
If you like the way the ad looks and you want to run it, you'll need to create an account and fund it. To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your budget and funding information.
Cost Per Click - We use a proxy-bidding system. This means you only pay your Maximum CPC if you are not the highest bidder
Daily Budget - Because our network is extremely dynamic, your placement can change dramatically from second to second. To be sure you do not use your entire monthly budget in just a few days, you can set an Average Daily Budget. Simply enter your chosen amount and we'll show your ad until your budget is met for the day.
Funding Your Account - specify your payment type and billing information to activate your account and start running your ads.